Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Pool Construction Begins

Day 1 - Monday

After much anticipation, the pool company showed up around 10:00 a.m. to "layout" the pool. This took about 30 minutes to complete (measuring, placing stakes in the ground, perimeter painted, etc.). After a few additional minutes of adjusting the pool's perimeter, it was finally finished and ready for digging. They started digging around lunchtime and continued until about 8:00 p.m. I'm not sure what I expected, but the digging process turned out to be a very slow-moving ordeal. I guess I expected them to haphazardly dig a huge hole and throw in a pool. I've learned there's a "Science" to pool digging. Don't get me wrong...I'm thankful and appreciative of their conscientiousness. I have no doubt it will be built correctly - not to mention, Kevin is home this week to supervise every aspect of the construction.










Day 2 - Tuesday

Digging for the pool continued throughout the day. As mentioned before, the digging process is very slow because the grading for the pool must be precise. Every few feet, the excavator must stop digging to allow someone to climb down into the hole and check the grading with an electronic tool (a laser level, I think). Overall, this part of the project is almost complete.










4 Comments:
Blogger Isabelle Mae Mommy had this to say:

INCREDIBLE! I'm so happy to see your dream become a reality. WAY TO GO!!! Keep us posted-

8:40 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

So when do Misty and I hop in the car with our kids and head to NC for a dip in your new pool?

6:48 AM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

oooo, i can almost see myself swimming in your pool! I can't wait!

2:07 PM 

Blogger Jack and Molly's Mom had this to say:

Sooo....we'll be there on Saturday with our towels and noodles in hand? :)

5:04 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]