Thursday, April 03, 2008
NaeNae's Notes (Novel)

Chapter 1 - Kellynn

January was a busy month for our family. We had lots of birthdays - including Kellynn's. She turned six at the end of the month. (That is unbelievable to me.) She wanted to have a swimming party this year. Luckily, the YMCA in our hometown has an indoor heated pool, so it was possible for her wish to come true in the middle of the Winter. They had a great time swimming, decorating princess tiaras, and eating birthday treats and cake.

For Kellynn's birthday, she wanted her bedroom to be "pink." That sounds like a simple task...a little paint and viola! Wrong! It turned into a nightmare of a project. We had to remove border (wallpaper), which ended up ruining the walls. Kevin had to do some patchwork and sanding before we could actually paint. This process took almost two weeks. After it was painted pink, I promised her I would paint a "garden" in her room. Some of the flowers I painted - others are actually "pasties" (wallpaper). I just added grass, stems and bugs. After about a month, it is finally complete!






Chapter 2 - Going to the Beach



A few weeks back, we went to Myrtle Beach for their annual car show. We went last year for the first time, and had a lot of fun. This year was a lot of fun too, but I didn't actually make it to the car show this time. The first day I spent shopping with the girls (Kellynn, Ella, Billie, Kevin's Aunt Judy, his cousin Jennifer and her children). Later that night, we took the kids to Ripley's aquarium. They loved the seahorses and sharks. If Kellynn had it her way, I would have taken 200 pictures of all the fish! The next day we planned to go to the car show, but Ella got sick with a stomach virus. I spent the rest of the time in the condo (which I didn't mind). It was a relaxing trip, which I desperately needed.

Chapter 3 - Easter


We spent Easter at home this year. Remember the stomach virus I mentioned earlier? It was Kellynn's turn to have it over Easter break. Unfortunately, she had it for three days. This cancelled any plans we had for Easter (dinners, parties, Easter egg hunts, etc.). Instead she lounged around the house, watching movies and drinking Sprite. Ella on the other hand, got to go Easter egg hunting at the lake with Billie, my MIL. She had a great time. Kellynn was sad she had to miss the festivities. We made up for it, though! We dyed Easter eggs and had an Easter egg hunt at our house on Easter Sunday. Of course, it was just Kellynn and Ella hunting for eggs - but they had a blast. They made Kevin hide the eggs several times. Each time, having to count the eggs to make sure we had all 49 of them. That evening we had Easter dinner at our house. The girls were happy, because Auntie Crystal came to visit!

Chapter 4 - Spring Break and Ella's Birthday

Spring Break was a much needed break for me. I've been under a lot of self-induced stress at work lately. I needed a chance to just walk away and not think about school for awhile. I spent the week doing a *modge podge of things...like going to the doctor, doing some Spring cleaning (getting rid of things), planting my garden, taking the kids to the movies, and celebrating Ella's 2nd birthday. We did not do a lot for her birthday because Kelly and I have planned a birthday party for both Ella and Grayson. The party is this weekend, so more on that later. (*I used this word for Kelly. It's one of her favorites!)

Chapter 5 - Financial Freedom

After receiving our tax refund, we paid off my van. I'm anxious to see what it feels like to not have a car payment. I haven't been car payment free for years! Kevin and I talked about putting in a swimming pool or buying a camper for vacationing after paying off the van. Now, I don't feel the need to tie up the extra money with a big expense. We really need to start a a college fund for the girls, instead. Let's weigh the options....pool or college? I really want the pool, but I need to be more responsible for my girls' future. Any suggestions on how I can have both?

Chapter 6 - A New Look

I've been growing my hair out for months now. I thought I wanted it to be long again - but it just turned into a big hassle to get ready every morning. I decided to go for a new look. I got it highlighted and cut. I chose a style that would allow me to wear my hair curly. I have natural curl in my hair, but have straightened it for years. I think I like it. You be the judge...






9 Comments:
Blogger Betty had this to say:

You have been extremely busy! Jeez! I LOVE your hair! I love the color too! Looking good!!

7:03 PM 

Blogger dena had this to say:

I love your hair. I wish I had some natural curl in my hair. I would love to be able to get a cut like that. Very cute.

And you HAVE been busy!

Pool or college? Having just put a child through college I am pretty familiar with how expensive it is now. With all that I paid for prior to student loans including an apartment and living expenses, as well as some of the tuition, I am SHOCKED at how much we still owe. SHOCKED!

9:33 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I totally love the hair. So cute.

12:56 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

LOVE the hair! I got a 'curly cut' when I was in London and I loved it so much, I was not a slave to my flatiron...unfortunately no one here has been able to recreate what my man in London did and it would be inconvenient to try and go back for another :)

4:22 PM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

Cute hair! I have curly hair too but it never looks like that! Good to have you back, busy lady!

10:24 PM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

Just wanted to say I like the hair!

6:47 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I LOVE IT!

12:50 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Yes, I love modge podge- especially if it includes a trash can, sun flowers, and royal blue gingham. Need I say more???

8:36 PM 

Blogger Mandy had this to say:

Good to hear you back, Nae Nae! We've missed your posts. I know what busy means, though - and you have certainly been busy!!! Your hair is incredible. I love the curls - they are so pretty! Loose and soft-looking, like my Issa's - love it!

9:31 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]