Saturday, June 14, 2008
Nae Nae's Notes

* For as long as I can remember, I've had one dream that I vowed would become a reality. Today, we made it happen by signing a contract to put in a swimming pool. I've been working all week trying to finalize things with the bank on a Home Equity loan. I didn't realize there were so many different kinds of Home Equity loans to choose from. Now that all of the paperwork is finished, we must wait on the pool company to come and build my dream. I've waited for years for this pool. Never do I remember the waiting to be so torturous!

* K-Bugg got her first "big girl" haircut this week. Sure, she's had her hair trimmed before - but it's never been this short. She looks so cute and grown up. Because her hair was so long, someone suggested she donate her hair to Locks of Love. She was very excited about doing this. (I will post a picture later. I haven't downloaded them from my camera yet.)

* The pacifier is officially gone! For months, we've been talking about giving them away to a "new baby." On Tuesday, I helped Ella gather them all up and we took them to Baby Miley. Baby Miley is the newest baby in our neighborhood. She's not a newborn. She's actually 10 months old. But Ella didn't know the difference. She was completely fine with handing them over to Miley. It's funny to hear her rationalize her "paci" being gone. It's always around bed time. She mentions Baby Miley having her "pacies" - and always follows it up by saying, "Baby Miley is so cute." Never once has she asked for them back. I'm proud of my big girl! (FYI - I asked Miley's mother just to toss the pacifiers in the trash. Miley doesn't even take a paci.)






5 Comments:
Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!! How exciting about getting a pool. What kind are you looking at, what shape, etc. I wouldn't know the first thing about it. Maybe you can teach some of us that are new to this a couple of things during your process of deciding.
I bet K-Bugg looks adorable. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Well, I am happy for you and Ella about the paci. You and Kelly are too funny about this. Sam had one until he was 3 1/2. I was sad when Jack decided that he didn't want it anymore. Go figure!

6:11 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

Wow!!!!!!! That's so awesome that you're getting a pool! When will it be finished? Congratulations!!!

6:50 PM 

Blogger Jack and Molly's Mom had this to say:

Can't wait for the pool-party! I've got my bathing suit on already and I'm just waiting for the call. :)

2:04 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Ohhhh wee! A swimming pool! DO you want to host all the family get togethers during the summer now? When will it be put in???

Also, hurry up and post that photo of K-bug! I can't wait to see it!

7:05 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

When will the pool be ready? That is when I will be coming to visit again.

8:29 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]