Saturday, April 12, 2008
Ella Turns Two!


It's hard to believe my precious baby is now two years old! Her birthday was actually at the end of March - but we didn't celebrate until last weekend. Kelly and I planned a party for both Ella and Grayson. Their birthdays are so close to one another and it helped out our family traveling from Florida. This way, they only had to make one trip, instead of two within a couple of weeks of each other. (FYI - Kelly made the above invitation for their party. We decided on a "farm" theme since the park had a barn. Didn't she do a great job? She is so talented!)

The party was a huge success! The party was originally planned for Saturday - but had to be changed to Sunday due to the weather. The kids were so excited and loved playing at the park. Both Ella and Grayson got a battery powered 4 wheeler for their birthdays. Maybe it's a boy thing, but Grayson loved his way better than Ella did. She was more interested in the baby doll she received from her great grandmother, Maw Maw Catherine. It was cute to watch their excitement with the party, but they were both a little shy when it was time for birthday cake and singing. Of course, there were probably 40+ people staring at them, so it's understandable. It was a great day!

Ella has changed so much over the past two years. She was once my laid back, easy going baby. Over the past couple of weeks, I have witnessed a change I wasn't prepared for. It's the typical, "I want to be independent" phase. You know the one...Terrible Twos! Everything has to be on her terms - dressing, going to the potty, eating, going to bed, brushing her teeth, and playing (especially when playing with K-Bugg). As difficult as she can be at times, she still melts my heart with her sweet smile and cute little curls. And she amazes me everyday with her vocabulary. I guess being around a talkative big sister has taught her so many things. Too may things, at times! Take for example, rolling of the eyes, or giving me "the hand" (holding it up and telling me, "Stop!"). I also hear "huffing and puffing" when she doesn't like something or when she gets frustrated.

This past week she tickled me with her new found discoveries. One night, I went to check on her after putting her to bed. Instead of sleeping, I found her in the bed with books scattered all around. "I reading, Mommy!" she said. I'm not sure how she could see anything in the dark, but she was thumbing through her books with her baby and piggy sitting next to her. Later, again after putting her to bed, she comes out of her room saying, "I potty, I potty, Mommy!" When I went to help her go to the bathroom, I discovered that she had changed her "Pull-Up" with a different one. Somehow, she had managed to put on a new one (it was inside out) and then perfectly replaced her PJ bottoms. She is too cute!

Ella's Favorites:
* Her "baby" (a snuggle blanket that looks like a bear)
* Her "passy" (which we MUST get rid of soon!)
* Max and Ruby (TV show)
* Baby dolls
* Shoes
* Her big girl panties (She puts them on over her Pull-Ups.)
* Her big sister
* Her big sister's things!
* Oreo (Billie's dog), Sheba and Jingles (our cats)
* Her new earrings (We had her ears pierced this week.)






7 Comments:
Blogger Jack and Molly's Mom had this to say:

She's such a big girl!!! Changing her own diaper???? UNREAL! We also had a wonderful time at the birhtday party, Jack was especially fond of the 4W'ers and all the snacky foods. Thanks for including us!

10:18 AM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Happy Birhtday Ella! I can't beleive how big you have gotten. Your mom is right, your vocabulary is amazing but she did forget to mention that you don't like to do EVERYTHING by yourself. I mean I have seen you on more than one occasion bossing Grayson around! We love ya Ella!

1:09 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I LOVE the invitation! Those two are beyond cute! Happy Birthday!

4:50 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

Happy Birthday to your little baby! I LOVE her curls! She's beautiful!

7:47 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

That is adorable! Happy birthday Ella!

(And yeah, the twos are pretty bad, I'm not gonna lie here...:)

4:23 PM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

Thanks for including us in Ella's birthday celebration. Leah liked Ella and would like to invite her to her birthday party in May. Can you email me your address so I can send you an invitation?

7:16 AM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

I LOVE that invitation, how clever. Looks like the party was fun (I saw pics on your sis's website.) Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe she is two, I remember when she was born!

11:09 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]