Thursday, June 26, 2008
Movie Review

Summer is here! With it, comes lots and lots of movie watching! For those of you who do not know me well, I LOVE to watch movies. Over the school year, I do not have the time to watch as many as I would like. When summer rolls around, I make up for lost time. Here is a run-down of the movies I have watched recently:

The Other Boleyn Girl with Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson and Eric Bana - If you like "period" dramas based around historical events, then you will like this one. I give this movie a B+, mainly because I personally like movies of this theme.

Evening with Toni Colette (love her), Claire Danes, Glenn Close and Meryl Streep - This movie takes you on a journey similar to "The Notebook" (one of my favorites). I give this movie a B+.

27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl - A cute love story about a girl who is never lucky in love. I give this one a B.

Transformers with unfamiliar actors (to me, anyway) - Interesting. What else can I say about a movie based on action figure toys? I give it a C, so it's not terrible.

Knocked Up with Katherine Heigl, Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd - I loved this one! It was pretty funny. It deserves an A.

The Nanny Diaries with Scarlett Johansson and Laura Linney - I wasn't sure what this movie was about when I picked it out. I ended up liking it a lot. I also fell in love with the name of the little boy, Grayer. This one gets a B+.

Lust, Caution - I gave this movie an F in the first five minutes of watching it. The trailer (preview) makes it look like an awesome movie. If you like to read subtitles the entire time, this is the movie for you. (The trailer does not indicate subtitles.)

Juno with Ellen Page, Michael Cera and Jason Bateman (love him) - This one's a comedy revolving around an unexpected teen pregnancy. Hilarious! This one gets an A+!






3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I loved Juno. It really did not look like it would even be that good.

9:19 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

I liked 27 dresses too. I am trying to watch Knocked Up now. But, I got the unrated version. So - I have only seen half of it. Maybe I can finish it up tonight. I will definitely have to see Juno now. Hey - check out The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It was GREAT!!!

12:55 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

It is sad how few movies I have seen, thanks for the tips!

Also, I am spreading the word...I got an EXTREMELY weird comment about my daughter and it freaked me out to no end. I changed my blog address, you can now find me at http://myladders.blogspot.com/

The comment came from someone called Andrew B, I don't know if he is just a random weirdo or what...

8:51 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]