Thursday, May 22, 2008
The countdown is on...

For several things, really. Currently? It's bedtime. My two little ones have tested my level of patience tonight. Ella is completely off of her schedule after being sick for a week. We've been to the doctor's office three times over the course of 8 days. She had a double ear infection that wouldn't go away after antibiotics. She was given a shot of Rocephin in both legs on Tuesday and is now better. Unfortunately, her sleeping schedule was disrupted while being sick (as well as mine). She went back to school today, and is exhausted. Needless to say, this led to "meltdown" after "meltdown" during our nightly routines tonight. Then I had the added joy of a 6 year old who thinks it's funny to make her baby sister scream with aggravation. I'm a "big sister" myself, so I know all too well how much fun it is to antagonize little sisters. (I guess this is where I should apologize to Kelly and Jennifer, my two sisters, for dishing out "big sisterly" love over the years - and apologize to my Mom for having to deal with the aftermath. I feel your pain tonight, Mom.)

I am also counting down the days until Summer Break begins. There's 11 school days, to be exact. It's been a long week at work and I'm beat. I survived my first experience with "testing" in Fourth grade. Honestly, I felt sick on my stomach for the last three days. I was worried that my students wouldn't do well and worried that I didn't do enough to prepare them for the "big test." All in all, I guess I worked myself up for no reason - because they did well. HIP HIP HOORAY for my kids at school!






7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I can also relate to the aggrivation of my 6 year old torturing her little brother. She does it every day. Sometimes I would love to string her up by her feet. I am so glad that next week is her last week of school.

7:41 AM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Sam likes to aggreviate Jack too. But I really cannot complain because the times he does is nothing to all the times he HELPS out.
I am glad that testing is over for you and I knew they would do fine. Relax and enjoy your time with your students for the rest of the year.
I think back to when I was a child and I never knew how stressful it must have been as a teacher. It would have made me have a lot more compassion for them.

6:22 PM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

Poor Ella and poor you! I hate when the kids are sick!

6:28 PM 

Blogger Mandy had this to say:

Can you believe that this year is almost over? Isn't this your first year at fourth grade? I'm sure you can look back and know that you did a kick "tail" job now - enjoy the rewards and peer at the light - the end of the tunnel's near!

6:34 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

Oh man, I feel for you! Tess is sick too and she isn't great at bedtime under the very best of circumstances so this has not been good. Last night I had to dunk her in the tub at 3 a.m. because her temp spiked almost to 104. She was VERY much awake after that, so now I am waiting for her to crash so I can join her.

10:40 AM 

Blogger Miss Bitch had this to say:

My kids love to antagonize their younger siblings. It plucks my every last nerve. And somehow at the end of the night, I think to myslef, "Oh my God! Did I go overboard?" What the hell is wrong with me?

9:20 AM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Apology accepted....Oh yeah- congrats on the test scores. I had a feeling that everything would work out fine. You're a great teacher!

6:57 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]