Tuesday, April 18, 2006
I Should be Sleeping...

Yes...I jinxed myself by bragging on how well Ella was sleeping at night. Last night was pure torture for me. You see, I am one of those people who thoroughly enjoys sleeping. Before children, I could sleep until noon everyday. Of course, K-Bugg broke that habit quickly! Being a mom changed my need for 12+ hours of sleep, to a mandatory 8 hours. When I don't get my 8 hours of sleep, I'm cranky to say the least. I am NOT a morning person, so don't even look in my direction on the days I haven't gotten my 8 hours of sleep!

STOP LOOKING AT ME!

I got a total of 3 consecutive hours of sleep last night. Ella decided she wanted to eat non-stop around the clock! For whatever reason, she would only eat about an ounce at a time, then fall asleep. When I tried to wake her up, she ignored my tickling, undressing, and diaper changing tactics. So I thought, okay - she's tired this time. I would try to put her down to get some sleep. And then it would start! The grunting first...then the wiggling...and finally? The crying. The crying would not stop unless I picked her up. And then the silence only lasted a few moments, until she decided she was hungry again. So, that is how my night went from 1:30am until 6:00am this morning. At 6:00 am, she decided it would be okay to sleep for an hour or so - but only on my chest! So we slept on the couch until 7:30. Then I had to get K-Bugg ready for school. I was dragging a** this morning. I managed to wake myself up with McDonald's coffee. Have any of you tried their "new" coffee? I have to admit it is some good stuff! Thanks to the coffee, I haven't taken a nap yet today! I need a nap! Zzzzzzzzzz......






3 Comments:
Blogger cheri had this to say:

i tagged you...check my site and then do the same.

1:48 PM 

Blogger Amanda had this to say:

do you give her gas drops after she eats? that may be why she is grunting and not eating.

3:02 PM 

Blogger NaeNae had this to say:

Amanda - No I didn't try the gas drops. Thanks for the advice. I will try it tonight if she is up again.

3:39 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]