Friday, March 03, 2006
Contractions? - Or Gas Pains?

I don't know what happened today! I went to work with plans of having a fun day. You see, we have been celebrating Dr. Suess this week - and today was our "Green Eggs and Ham" day. While cooking up some "tasty looking" green eggs, I started feeling sick (nausea, feeling "sweaty," etc.). Sometimes I experience low blood sugar and just need to eat something. So I tried this. The nausea subsided, but the sweaty, clammy feeling wasn't going away. My co-worker told me I looked pale and needed to go home. I didn't argue with her.

Once home, I rested on the couch, hoping to feel better. While on the couch, I started feeling pains and tightness in my abdomen. They were painful enough that I couldn't get up. I thought maybe I needed to go to the bathroom. With a little help from my husband (he came home for lunch), I got up and went to the bathroom. Well? I realized I didn't need to go to the bathroom, but instead - released the motherload of built up gas! Ahh...relief! I went back to the couch to rest. I continued to experience the abdominal pain for about 30 minutes. They finally went away, so I took a nap.

So now I feel better - but when I went to the bathroom tonight, I noticed a faint stain of blood on my panties. Now I'm thinking that perhaps I was having contractions earlier today. I don't know...






3 Comments:
Blogger cheri had this to say:

wow....sounds like things might get rolling soon...especially with a little bloody show...was your first daughter early? i had contractions(more than braxton hicks) for 4 weeks with each of my girls but they were STILL late...AAHHHHH!

9:00 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Well, with 5 weeks until your due date, sounds like you are on your way. Maybe you'll win the race to the birthing finish line!

6:34 PM 

Blogger dena had this to say:

I have three kids, and I wouldn't know a real contraction for the life of me. But the tinge of blood does seem like a sign that it's approaching.

9:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]