Sunday, February 26, 2006
Choosing a Movie

My sister and I had plans to go and see a movie last night. We had a hard time choosing one, because there doesn't seem to be anything playing right now. Anything we were familiar with, anyway. While having my hair cut yesterday, a woman in the beauty salon suggested we see "Brokeback Mountain." I have to say - I had no desire to see this movie in the first place. Heath Ledger is one of my "boyfriends," so I knew I would have a hard time seeing him play the role of a gay cowboy. With that being said...How can I truly rate this movie? I hated it! Heath Ledger mumbled throughout the entire movie! I kept having to ask my sister the same question the entire time - "What did he just say?" Also, I had a major problem with his wife in the movie. She knew about his relationship with the other cowboy for years and NEVER confronted him about it, until they were divorced some 13 years later. The only good thing about this movie, is that I got to see Heath Ledger's butt (and his "business" from a distance).

Now, if you want suggestions for a GOOD movie to rent for the weekend...You need to watch, "In Her Shoes" (with Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette and Shirley Maclaine). It's a funny and touching movie about two, very different sisters. My husband called it a chick-flick (meaning it's a girly drama). It's a "feel-good movie" that made me cry. (But what doesn't make me cry these days?) Also - if you're up for a comedy, you need to rent "40 Year Old Virgin." My husband and I laughed until we cried while watching this one! I should warn you though...If you're easily offended by sex, nudity, or profanity, you may want to steer clear of this one. I thought it was hilarious!

What movies have you seen lately?






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Oh GOD - In Her Shoes was GOOD! That poem she read at the end by ee cummings - I cried like a damn baby.

4:51 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

O.K. Now the truth comes out. So you didnt' want to see that movie either? The ony reason I went to see it was because you suggested it. So now I find out that I wasted 2 hours of my life watching a movie that neither one of us really wanted to see. I am not sure that I feel any better about the situation.
As for good movies that I have seen recently...Tim and I enjoyed 40 year old virgin, especially the waxing scene. I really haven't seen anything else recently and with the current titles that are out, I am not sure when I will see my next flick!

5:46 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

The last movie the boys, Davy and I saw with Curious George. It was cute, but definately a kids movie. I have not seen any really good movies in a long, long time. I really don't want to go the movie theater either because there is nothing coming out that I really want to see. Besides, Teeball is here, who has time???
I love to catch up on your life (and Kelly's too!) I miss you, gal!

6:29 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]