Tuesday, February 14, 2006
32 Weeks

I had a doctor's appointment today. It was one of those that took all of five minutes. Actually, it lasted a little longer than that - but who's counting? They did the usual : urine sample, weight, blood pressure, measuring of the "belly," and listening to the baby's heartbeat.

As soon as I came out of the bathroom (after submitting my specimen), the nurse said, "Did you have a little sugar today on Valentine's Day?" "Uh...just a little. Well? I guess I had more than a little," I replied. Evidentally, it showed up in my urine. She highlighted "2+" on my chart - whatever that means. So I asked, "Is that bad?" Her answer? "You'll have to talk to the doctor about that." I got a small lecture on taking it easy on the sugars and carbohydrates again. Okay! Okay! Again - it's Valentine's Day! Do you know how many cupcakes, cookies and pieces of candy have been dangling in my face all day? I tried to resist, but wasn't very successful.

In other news...I gained the standard "one pound a week" this time (3 lbs). My blood pressure is great - and my belly is measuring normal. Ella's heartbeat was pretty steady between 130 and 145 bpm. My doctor asked if she is moving around alot these days. Is she ever! It feels like she is doing flips in there! Actually, she must be, because she is no longer "breech." She's "head down" and ready to go! I'm not ready, though! The nursery isn't ready for her arrival yet. That's another story I'll tell you about later...






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Cupcakes, candy, cake, chocolate... I mean honestly, what did they expect you to do? Say no to all of those goodies...I am not sure that anyone has that much will power. I am glad to hear that the appointment went well. When's the next appointment? 2 weeks? Hope that over all your valentine's was fun!

7:49 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

You should have reached in your purse and pulled out a reeses cup, unwrapped it, and poped it in your mouth - right in the middle of the lecture!!!

7:40 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]