Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Valentine's Day

So Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I should be happy and excited about this holiday because I am married to the love of my life. However, after the discussion I had with my husband today about Valentine's Day, I just want to slap some sense into him! The conversation went something like this:

NaeNae: You know, Valentine's Day is on Tuesday.
Kevin: THIS Tuesday?
NaeNae: Yes, a week from today.
Kevin: I guess that means you want a present.
NaeNae: I didn't say that...I don't need a present on Valentine's Day.
Kevin: Can't we just say "I love you" and be done with it?
NaeNae: (Silence...Thinking to myself - is he joking or serious?)


As you can see, I have the most "unromantic" husband in the world. I really don't need (or want) a gift for Valentine's Day. I just wish that this one time he would go out of his way to make me feel loved beyond belief. He says "I love you" everyday. How will doing that on Valentine's Day be special? Is it my pregnancy hormones that are asking for too much? Am I being ridiculous? Someone answer me!






4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I know exactly where you are coming from. Sometimes I think that our husbands really do share a genetic link! As far as pregnancey hormones...I don't think that is it. I hope for a little romance every Valentine's Day...not just this one. And every birthday, christmas, anniversary, holiday, Friday..... Don't you? I'd take a surprise "Look I was thinking about you and this proves it" momento any day!

8:24 PM 

Blogger dena had this to say:

I think I'll go mention Valentine's Day to my husband right now, and see how the conversation evolves. Probably quite a bit like your own.

10:08 PM 

Blogger cheri had this to say:

gotta love husbands!

1:06 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

MY husband thinks that Valentines Day is a "scam" (as well as EVERY holiday, birthday, anniversary, etc.)... He claims that they're "just another way to make a man fail at something".... I can't have chocolate this year (diet needs) so I'm not hoping for too much - that's really all I'd want anyway... :(

11:46 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]