Saturday, February 11, 2006
Valentine's Day - Part 2

Okay...my husband still has time to redeem himself for Valentine's Day. Let's just see if he gets up off of his "let's just say I love you and be done with it" lazy ass and actually expresses his undying love for me. Should I hold my breath? Come Tuesday, someone may need to call 911 to rescue me. Actually, thanks to my brother-in-law, he may come through after all. Thanks, Tim! Here's the story:

My husband is a huge NASCAR fan and doesn't miss a racing event on TV. This Saturday night is the first NASCAR event for the new season, so he calls my brother-in-law to see if we can get together to watch the race. My brother-in-law explains that he doesn't know if he can do it this weekend because he is trying to plan a weekend getaway for he and my sister, Kelly. When I ask Kevin if he has talked to Tim about the race, he tells me the story, and makes me promise to keep my mouth shut - because it is a secret. My reaction? Tears! Tears begin to well up in my eyes. I try to hide them, but Kevin knows me well enough that he sees my reaction. "What is it?" he asks. "Why are you crying?" "I'm not crying...I don't know," I reply. "I guess because I think it's nice he is doing something so sweet for her." "Well.........(trying to think of something redeeming to say).....I was thinking of doing something for you too, but I have to work this weekend," he says. I later talk to my sister and find out he has called Tim to thank him for getting him into hot water! Of course his version goes something like this: "I told Renee about your plans this weekend. Thanks for getting me into trouble! She started crying and said she wished I could do something so thoughtful and caring." Do you think he has a guilty conscience? I don't know. But now, Kelly is missing out on her weekend getaway because Tim now knows it is race weekend. I'm sure she is thanking Kevin for that one! See her story here - Kelly in NC.






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Not that it matters much to me, but Todd will be at that race. He flies out of here on the 17th for Daytona.

I'll be at home enjoying a romantic weekend with the kids.

5:42 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm sure that we'll have fun watching the race tonight. I think that truthfully, Tim screwed up his own plans by waiting until the last minute to look for a place to stay. The NASCAR race was just the final straw for deciding to stay. FYI-Thoughtful ideas only get you so far...I little thoughtful action goes alot further Kevin and Tim!

6:19 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]