Tuesday, January 17, 2006
I Need Help!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything worthwhile around here. For that, I apologize. I am in a slump right now, and need to dig out. I contribute my funk to raging pregnancy hormones. I need to know if anyone else has ever been through anything like this. Here are a few of my symptoms:

1. My birthday was last week. My entire family remembered my birthday and at least called. My mother-in-law brought over dinner and a birthday cake. My husband got me one of those Homedics back messagers to relieve my aching back. He was also kind enough to give me several foot messages. How did I react? I secretly cried because he didn't plan anything "special" or take me out for my birthday.

2. I love my job as a first grade teacher. I usually look forward to going to work everyday (with the exception of Mondays). But here lately, I don't want to be there. I find myself avoiding colleagues because I don't feel like joining in on the "small talk." I just want to do my job and go home. This is so unlike me.

3. I feel like a beached whale. I do not remember getting this "big" with my first pregnancy. It's hard for me to imagine what I will look like in 3 more months! In a matter of two weeks, I have started growing out of the maternity clothes I so cautiously bought (making sure I had plenty of room to grow). Now I find myself forking out more money on more maternity clothes that I will never use again. I'm not happy.

4. I have a very important project I need to work on and complete before the baby comes in April (National Boards). I am unmotivated to work on it, and have procrastinated in starting. I even considered not doing it at all, but finally came to my senses on that one. I'd be an idiot not to do this. It would mean a considerable pay increase if I pass!

5. Anyone who knows me, refers to me as a kind person. I have always been one to avoid or defuse conflicts. I would never intentionally say or do anything to hurt someone's feelings. However, with this pregnancy (as well as my first pregnancy), I blurt out whatever is on my mind, without thinking. If you want to know my honest opinion about something, ask me now! My true feelings are flying out left and right!

So there you have it! In case you haven't noticed, my attitude stinks right now! The only cure? Delivery of this baby, I'm afraid. I just pray I make it there with out hurting someone (that's a joke). Then its on to postpartum depression...Yee Ha!






2 Comments:
Blogger cheri had this to say:

awwww....nothing like good ole pregnancy horomones...hope you're feeling better now.

3:39 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

As this is my first pregnancy...and I am only 1 week behind you...yes, I can relate to your feeling. At least on some level.
1. My birthday is next week. We'll see how I make it through, but I have definitely done my share of "crying about nothing." And usually I have cried so hard that my eyes are swollen for at least a few hours and then I feel like an idiot!
2 & 5. I haven't had too much of a problem at work...except with the patience issue. I have not been very good about holding my tongue when it comes to things that aggrevate me. As a school guidance counselor, this REALLY isn't good! "Stop crying...your boyfriend was a jerk anyways!"
3. I feel your pain with the maternity clothes. Even though you helped me pick out clothes that I could "grow into", I am now buying the second round of clothes...good thing I enjoy shopping. Any hey, those clothes your buying aren't wasted. Pass them along to me for my next pregnance. (That is if I haven't already bought the same outfit!) Any FYI-You do NOT look like a whale. If you did, that would make me the size of the beached whales mom!
4. Don't blame the baby for your procrastination. You have always procrastenated. It's a family trait!

Well, hope all that helps! You can vent to me anytime! It feels good to let it all out sometimes!

9:35 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]