Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Toy Overload

Wow! I can't even begin to describe the mess my house is in right now. I have never seen so many toys (aside from strolling through the aisles of Toys R Us)! I prepared K-Bugg this year, with a talk about not asking for too much on her Christmas list. Her wish list was originally two pages long (one page, front and back). We discussed how it was impossible for Santa to bring her and all the boys and girls in the world everything they wanted. So I helped her narrow it down to five items - a digital camera, a Barbie laptop, a sticker book, a scrapbooking kit, and Squawkers - the talking (drive Mom and Dad crazy) toy parrot.

My plan worked perfectly...for a moment. After it was all said and done with family gatherings (and not really done, because we still have Christmas with my SIL and nieces), she ended up with several Pet Shop "houses" and animals, a cash register, shopping cart, "play" groceries, a standing sing-a-long organ, a Bratz make-up doll, too many Barbies to count, journals, movies, CDs, two ePets, several stuffed animals, bath toys, a beauty set with make-up and nail kit, a puppet theater with numerous puppets, an outdoor playhouse, V-smile games, a new book bag, jewelry, new clothes and several gift cards. I know I am missing something, but you get the idea.

Have I mentioned Ella yet? Let's just say that we are all about equality in our family - so it is safe to say that she received just as much as K-Bugg! "Toy Overload" does not even chip away at the surface of my day today. It's pretty bad when you have so many toys, that you can't find one thing to play with because there are too many choices! Needless to say, we will be going back through all of the old toys (Round 2) to donate to charity - just to make room for the new stuff!

All in all, we had a wonderful and very blessed Christmas!






5 Comments:
Blogger Betty had this to say:

The toys are everywhere at our house too! We went way overboard! Oh well....she doesn't really understand just yet ;o) Glad you and your family had a nice Christmas.

7:31 AM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I am glad that the girls had such a great Christmas!!! You have like 53 garages, can't you find somewhere to stash stuff?

8:56 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Merry Christmas to all of you. I am glad that you had such a great one. We went easy on the toys this year because we were overloaded last year. I can never figure out where to put everything.

12:48 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Sounds like you need to finish that bonus room! I feel the pain with the toy overload. I'm trying to decide if I should take Grayson's train table back!

11:42 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Yeah - we felt the toy overload too. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

7:29 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]