Saturday, December 15, 2007
Summing things up...


Thanks to my sister Kelly, you are looking at our family photo. You might be wondering, "Where is the family portrait you had made back in November?" Don't ask! The photo shoot didn't go well, and the pictures stink (no fault of the photographers). My hair looked like it came out of the 70s with a "Charlie's Angels" look, and we couldn't seem to get one decent photo with everyone smiling "naturally" at the same time. Anyway, Kelly volunteered to take our picture for Christmas cards, since the others didn't turn out so well. I've actually decided to send out New Year's cards instead, so I still have time to procrastinate some more.

Now for summing things up...

* Ella moved into a "big girl bed" this weekend. She is a climber and figured out how to scale the crib. She is doing so well - probably because she watches everything Kellynn does and wants to be just like her. Kellynn has really helped out, too (modeling how to get into the bed and going straight to sleep).

* Kelly and I went Christmas shopping this past week. Prior to this, I had only purchased one gift. Now I am finished, minus a few small items.

* Kellynn and I spent most of today organizing her room. Since Christmas is coming up soon, we decided to make room for new things, and donate her old toys and books to kids who might not have any.

* I am reading a new book. It's called, "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyers. I know I'm a little behind since there are already three books in this series, but I've had a hard time getting into anything lately. I saw a post on another blog about the series, so I thought I'd pick it up. So far, I'm about half way, and love it.






7 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

The picture looks great! You guys all look good in it. I am jealous that you are done your shopping!

10:03 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

The picture is so sweet. Kelly does take the best pictures. Good for you on your shopping! Now you have some time to really enjoy Christmas.

11:23 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

i love this picture! The pig-tails, the bow, the overalls...it's all too cute. Maybe Ella can teach my kid how to smile for a camera???
And of course- good job, Kel!

We've been talking about a "big boy bed" as well - Jack can climb IN..but I haven't seen him climb OUT.

2:30 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

As I recall,last year you missed the Christmas card deadline and planned to send out new year's cards. And if I remember correctly, those cards were never sent either. SO NO PROCRASTINATING!!! The photos is already uploaded- make you cards and send the out THIS week!

2:32 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

I love the new family photo! Such a cute family you have! Wonder if Kelly could come to Ohio to take our picture!!!

3:25 PM 

Blogger NaeNae had this to say:

Kelly - The cards have already been purchased and should be delivered at the beginning of the week. I ordered a "New Years" theme, so I have time to get them out.

10:32 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

Thank you for commenting on my blog again. And thank you for thinking of me around this hard time. I feel much better now that the anniversary is over. Now its time to focus on Christmas! I'm going to put up our new Christmas photo like you did ;o)

8:13 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]