Monday, December 31, 2007
Waking up to Mayhem

Ella is in a "big girl bed" now. We have been working with her for about two weeks now. Luckily, the transition from the crib to a bed was not very difficult. Her big sister K-Bugg, has been especially helpful with modeling bedtime procedures - complete with "snoring" sounds. Overall, I would say everything has been going great...until this morning.

7:00 am I wake up to sounds coming from my bathroom. Okay. It sounds like Ella is up to something. "Five more minutes," I say to myself. "Ella? What are you doing in there?" Out she walks, with a razor in her hand. Nice! I jump out of bed to apprehend the object. She knows she has something she's not supposed to have, so she starts running. She runs straight to K-Bugg's room (K-Bugg spent the night with her grandma). I get the razor from her, only to find K-Bugg's room a disaster! Evidently, before Ella started rummaging through the items on my bathroom counter, she had a large time destroying her big sister's room. The Barbie house was empty - all furniture and contents on the floor. K-Bugg's new grocery cart and groceries - turned upside down. Art supplies - scattered, with shredded paper all over the floor. I clean up this mess, only to walk into the living room to find my glasses twisted into two pretzels. Two! My glasses had been snapped in half, with tiny little fingerprints smudged all over the lenses!

Needless to say, my morning was spent at the Optometrist's office looking for new frames. And I'm contemplating a visit to ADT to look into installing an alarm system on Ella's bedroom door! That's a joke, of course - but what other options do I have? I can put up a gate at her door, but it is only a matter of time when she realizes she can climb over it - just like her crib railing and my bathroom counters!






8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Do you still have a monitor in her room? I did for a long time after Haley went to her big girl bed. I hid it so she could not see it but I could hear everything.

6:56 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Hahahahaha!!! Hook and eye lock on the outside of the door!!!

9:07 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

My friend puts a gate up....it could be a temporary fix....I'm dreading the "big girl" bed. I was thinking about putting Ella in a big girl bed before we have the new baby....but I think I'll wait. She's going to freak out when I have the baby anyways :o) I hope you figure something out. Did your first little girl transition well into the big girl bed?

8:03 AM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

I think a monitor is a good idea. I would try the baby gate and when she learns to climb over that, then I would get her a shock collar..or maybe an ankle braclet that zaps anythime she leaves her room! Sweet, sweet Ella. She's going to be the death of you!

3:14 PM 

Blogger Friglet had this to say:

Man, oh man does this bring back memories! I was a crib tent mom. All of my kids were zipped in at night. It's the only way to go. :)

12:58 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

Oh lord, not you too! Tess is making me nutty with her bed, I HATE the big girl bed!!! I would so put Tess' crib back up in a heartbeat if I could!

2:29 PM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

Leah has always slept with her door closed, so I put a door guard on her doorknob at night after she learned how to open doors. She can't leave her room until I come and get her! I also have a monitor in there so she calls to me when she wakes up.

7:31 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Oh lord! I kept Sam in a crib until he was 3 1/2. I can't clean up all the stuff he tears out when I'm awake, much less when I am asleep. The monitor is a good idea. I also came across an "Adjustable Height Wals Through Baby Gate" at One Step Ahead. http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534484&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85217

7:26 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]