Friday, November 02, 2007
I Fall for it, Everytime!

Sometimes I am a sucker...A sucker for a sweet little curly headed girl named Ella Ruby! She got me last night. She has been waking up around 4 am, off and on, for a couple of weeks now. When this happens, I use the Ferberizing method. The one where you don't pick the baby up, but comfort every 5 minutes until they fall back to sleep on their own? I've been doing this - trying to get her back on her sleeping schedule (sleeping throught the night). Last night? I ruined it!

3:30 am

"Waaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa! Mommy...Mommy." My eyes pop open and I wait. I am secretly hoping she will fall back to sleep.

"Mommy! Ma ma ma ma...Mommy!"

I drag my self out of bed and go to comfort her. When I get to her room, she is standing up, reaching out for me. I comfort her and tell her it is "Night Night" time and she needs to go back to sleep. She clings to my arms, trying to grab my neck so she can pull herself up. Then she starts saying something behind the passy in her mouth. It sounds like, "ah choo, ah choo." I pull out the passy and ask her what she is trying to say.

"I hold choo," she says.

"You want to hold me?" I ask.

"Uh huh, I hold choo." How can I say no? She is using sentences and wanting me to hold her in the middle of the night? Then she says, "I beh, I choo beh."

"Do you want to get into my bed?" I asked. She shakes her head yes, and off we go to my bed for the rest of the night.






5 Comments:
Blogger Betty had this to say:

It's okay...I do too ;o) I hate it when they cry! We did the ferberizing method also...works like a charm. But there's some nights I just let her sleep in my arms! They aren't babies forever!

6:31 AM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

Oh lord, this sounds just like my house! I put Tess in her crib every night and she materializes next to me every morning.

The best is when she looks at me with her big sad eyes and says, "Mommy...nur me"

Sorry kiddo, I let you have it for almost two years, you are cut off!!! :)

1:17 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

It would have been impossible for any mommy to walk away from that sweet request. Love her up while you can. She won't ask to sleep with you forever!

8:22 PM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

That is adorable. It would have gotten me too. How can you say no.

9:56 AM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

That is so sweet. Don't you wish you could record those moments. I could just picture her.

5:48 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]