Thursday, September 27, 2007
Bad Mood Day

It's not me this time...It's K-Bugg. She came to my classroom this afternoon after school and gave me a hug like she always does. Then she grabbed my hands and said she needed "to talk to me." When I asked her what it was she wanted to talk about, tears started welling up in her eyes and she told me that she got in trouble at school today. It turns out she wasn't listening in PE and wasn't following the teacher's directions. The teacher in me, gave her a talk about making better choices next time. The mom in me, felt my heart break as I watched her get so upset about the "infraction" and question me several times if I was "mad at her." Of course I told her I wasn't mad, but hoped she would be a better listener tomorrow. I guess I should have known this morning that she would not have the best day possible. She informed me on the way to school that she was in a "bad mood" today!






8 Comments:
Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Poor K-bugg! Don't we all have days when we do not feel like listening? Keep up the good parenting! Sounds like you're doing a great job!

10:05 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

It is so cute when they are all guilt ridden like that.

10:35 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I could only wish that Ethan would feel a little guilt over his "talking during class" comments on his behavior calendar.

2:35 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

poor thing- at least she is conscious of being in trouble, etc... most kids just don't care!
I think the weather has a lot to do with it lately, bad moods all around my house!

3:23 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

Poor thing :o(

7:20 AM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

AAwww, it breaks my heart everytime my kids cry. You can be proud that you raised her very well that she can come to you.

8:11 AM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Poor baby! It is hard being a kindergartener. Hang in there kido!

By the way, it just hit me that you 2 are at school together this year. How do you like it? It is so comforting for me.

5:18 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

A bad mood day once in a while make the GOOD moods days a whole lot better!

8:50 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]