Monday, September 24, 2007
Movie Critic?

Since one of my favorite past times includes watching movies, I decided I might use my blog to review the ones I watch. Perhaps it will give me something to blog about on those days I have nothing. With that being said, I need some kind of rating scale. I was thinking maybe I could rate the movies with grades (being a teacher and all). Unoriginal, I know - but it's what I do best, right?



Half Nelson - According to the DVD cover, it is "Two big thumbs up!" Are they rating Ryan Goslings' hotness? In that case, I agree. Otherwise, it gets a "D-" from me. I will admit that Ryan Gosling does an amazing job of portraying a teacher struggling with drug addiction. Taking his acting skills into consideration, I will refrain from giving it an "F." The thing that most disappointed me was the fact that the movie leaves you hanging at the end (another reason I graded it so poorly) I HATE movies that leave me hanging. Give me something, people! I don't know...They live happily ever after? Someone dies? Ryan Gosling runs off and joins the circus?! SOMETHING!






7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I love Ryan Gosling but I just saw Fracture and was pretty disappointed by that one as well.

7:22 AM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

Okay....so Ryan Gosling was absolutely fabulous in the Notebook! He's so fricken hot! He was good in fracture too....you must see that one!

8:23 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I was going to watch that, and thought it sounded really good. I think I'll pass now.

8:23 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Well, seeing as how I don't even know who Ryan Gosling is, I guess my opion of this movie (and most movies) is probably useless.

Now judging a book by it's cover, THAT I'm good at - and this cover sucks, so I never would've watched it to begin with. :)

12:03 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

I never saw this and now...I won't :)

2:52 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Hate to throw you under the bus, but sorry Renee' but you're not exactly known for picking good movies...but I like watching them with you anyhow! I like the idea of reviewing them on your blog!

7:25 PM 

Blogger NaeNae had this to say:

Kelly - You are right. My track record on choosing movies (with you) is not always the best. But that is only because I have pretty much seen everything and our choices are limited. I also tend to take the REAL critics' word for it, and go to see a movie because it has earned awards (Ex: Brokeback Mountain). Are you still going to blame me for picking out that one?

9:04 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]