Friday, October 12, 2007
Catching up...

Yes, I know...It's been awhile since I've posted. And it's not like I don't have anything to blog about! I've just been so busy trying to catch up on everything in my life!

Let's start with Oktoberfest. My sister, Kelly - planned our annual Girls' Weekend trip to Helen, GA. This was our first time going to Oktoberfest, and I thoroughly enjoyed every last minute! I won't go into great detail because Misty has pretty much covered everything. You can check it out here. But what I will share with you, is the highlights of our trip...

1. Seeing two of my bestest buddies, Misty and Kerry. We do not live near each other anymore, so our time to spend together is limited...Especially now that we are all "grown up" with families!

2. The road trip "heart-to-heart" talks/conversation. Man, I cried my eyes out going and coming! I love you girls!

3. Getting to know new friends.

4. The, "Sleep when you die!" motto (via Kerry). She did not want to waste one moment with sleeping.

5. Julie's sticky fingers at the Mexican restaurant (trying to steal Guappo's sodas).

6. Karaoke (at the outdoor bar and the hotel version)

7. Jenny's Cornhole game.

8. Beer "shotguns" in the parking lot with our new friends, the police.

9. Anna serving up our Mexican dishes before we actually ordered (dirty dishes out of the washtub). And her application of lip gloss when Kerry suggested she wear lipgloss for a picture. "A girl's got to look her best!"

10. Waiting all weekend to go to the festhaus (Oktoberfest's main attraction) - only to find it was shut down due to a power outage!

11. Stopped up toilets.

12. My almost mishap with a microwave and a sausage biscuit. I cooked the biscuit a little too long and nearly burned down the hotel. (Not really...but there was a lot of smoke that literally billowed out of our room and caused the smoke alarm to beep.

13. The Pradas (Kerry's glasses).

14. Laughter, laughter, laughter! My ribs and back were sore on Monday from laughing so hard all weekend.






7 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

It was the best time EVAH, complete with Indian names!

9:39 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Oh my - It was totally the best time ever! Yes, Misty covered it pretty good and with photos. Okay - so I have to build up my tolerance more this year and work on the motto of "Sleep when you die." You girls party hard!!! My age was showing - can't let that happen next year.
You forgot to mention how everyone had gas from the beer shots or maybe your room had something else, toilet issues.
I am so glad you came - I have a new apprecitation for you now. :)
Mrs. National Board Cert. Teacher

8:27 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Umm...age has nothing to do with it, Jacquie... Let's not forget my 12 hours of puking on Saturday.

8:32 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

So glad you had fun on your girls trip! Looks like you all party pretty darn hard :o)

7:36 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

A few other points you forgot to mention:
15. Julie removing her bra in order to get a really "cool" hat, which they guy then refused to give her...and then she stole!
16. Mini Coors Light Cans

I am sure there are more...I will just have to think on it!

7:48 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm going to have to go next year. It sounds like way to much fun to miss.

10:20 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Sounds like good times. I wish that i could have come along. Maybe next time.

1:58 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]