Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Sisters can be best friends too?

Tonight while giving the girls a bath, K-Bugg and I had a conversation that melted my heart. I have always played this game with Kellynn when she gets out of the bath tub - where I ask her to raise her arms so I can dry under them. Instead, I tickle her. Now that Ella is old enough to understand the game, I have started doing it with her. She loves it, and wants me to tickle her over and over again. Kellynn and I were laughing so hard as she kept raising her arms - yet would flinch and pull them back when she saw my "spiders" (wiggly fingers) closing in.

K-Bugg: Mom? Ella is the best little sister I could have.

NaeNae: You're right! You couldn't ask for a better little sister! And one day, she will be your best friend.

K-Bugg: (Starting to cry...) But, why?

NaeNae: Why are you crying? Don't you want her to be your best friend?

K-Bugg: No, because then she won't be my sister! I want her to stay my sister!

NaeNae: She will always be your sister...Just one day, she will be your best friend too!






10 Comments:
Blogger Brooke had this to say:

That is too cute for words! When my sister was born I developed tics from the severity of my sibling rivalry, no joke, and then when she got older I just tried to beat her up.

We're buddies now though :)

9:35 PM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

That is the sweetest thing ever! I can't wait for my 2 to be best friends!

8:18 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You made me cry. That is so sweet.

11:25 AM 

Blogger Mandy had this to say:

Okay.
Tears on the keyboard. Serious. sweet. story. Could she be cuter???

6:28 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

And in my opinion there is nothing better than having a sister bestfriend. Kellynn won't understand that for a LONG time. i recall mom saying something similar to us...like "you'd better be nice to your sisters, you have them for life." It just never sank in then!

8:35 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

And make sure to let her know the following mathematical equation:

Sister + Best Friend = Best person to be on the receiving end of ALL your greatest practical jokes!

8:58 AM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

Oh my that brought tears to my eyes! How sweet! Children are the best thing in this world! Without a doubt!

1:31 PM 

Blogger Amanda Bee had this to say:

Brooke developed tics and I developed bruises.....great....

Your girls are just so cute. You need to get a little video of them togeher. I would love to see that!

9:04 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That is so sweet. So very sweet. I always wished I had a sister.

1:17 PM 

Blogger Mandi had this to say:

That is soo cute! I have 2 older sisters and it took until our adulthood for us to be 'best friends' :) It's awesome to have sisters!!

8:48 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]