Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Princesses and Hip Dysplasia


Kellynn wants you to know that she is now a princess. Do not ask her to do anything that is "beneath her." After folding clothes, I asked her to put her clothes away (3 items). She turned and looked at me and said, "Mom...I am a princess. You are not supposed to ask princesses to do work!" I informed her that I am the Queen - and queens make up the rules so, "Get busy before I treat you worse than Cinderella's step mother treated her!" She then asked, "Does that mean you will yell at me and make me clean the steps and EVERYTHING?" "YES!" answered Queen NaeNae.

On a serious note - Ella had her 15 month check up today. She has grown to be 30 and 1/2 inches long, and weighs 21 pounds even. The doctor said she is developing normally, and also mentioned that she acts more like an 18 month old with her social, verbal and motor skills. Wow! I must be doing something right! Unfortunately, she is still concerned about Ella's hip. One of her hip sockets actually "pops" when rotated. I have noticed this most often when picking her up and placing her on my hip. Her hip pops when she wraps her legs around me. The doctor is referring her to see a Pediatric Orthapedic doctor to have it checked. Once we have this appointment, I will know more.






10 Comments:
Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Love the story about Kellynn. She knows how to work it - until Mommy can out-smart her.
I am sure that everything is fine with Ella. She's probably just growing too fast.
Have a great 4th!

6:29 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

When Mason was a newborn he had the same popping when his hi was rotated. They say it is pretty common in babies. The socket is basically not deep enough for the ball and therefore pops out and they are really prone to hip dislocations which can be very painful. Mason saw the pediatric orthopedist after the pediatrician ordered an ultrasound and xrays of his hips. She wasn't totally convinced that his hips were normal. He was maybe 3 months old. Scary. The orthopedist looks at the films and felt his hip and told me that it was all normal. He ordered a repeat xray at 9 months and all was still good. I will pray that you get the same great news that I did.

10:28 PM 

Blogger NaeNae had this to say:

Thanks for the info, Shelly. Ella had the ultrasound as an infant when this came up the first time. It came back normal. But now the popping is back (it stopped for awhile).

7:56 AM 

Blogger Amanda Bee had this to say:

Aw, I'm sure everything will be fine with Ella! I agree with Jacqueline, she is probably just growing. :)

7:41 AM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

I love girls, they are so drama! Although Kaden does say some "prince" like things to me sometimes :) I am sure that everything is okay with Ella, she starting walking so I am sure that is a great thing!

2:14 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

When Tess was born she had the same thing with her shoulder. It was x-rayed, the whole bit and they said it's nothing to worry about. Still pops to this day and it doesn't bother her a bit. Good luck to you and Ella, I am sure she'll be fine :)

4:36 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ella sure doesn't seem to be slowed-down by the hip dysplasia! :) Wait until she's of the "princess" age with kellyn -how will you rule your domain with TWO princesses????

2:09 PM 

Blogger Mandy had this to say:

I know that must be scary to hear! I will be thinking of you and hoping for a good report. Precious picture. How fun fun fun are TWO girls? I love it more each day!!!

8:53 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I hope everything comes back okay with Ella. When is your appt?

10:46 AM 

Blogger Keri had this to say:

Hi Renee. I found your blog on Misty's page. When I read this, it rang a bell. Although I have no recollection of it (guess I was too young), my mother said I had the same thing when I was a baby and that I had to wear a hip brace for 18 months. My hip still pops every once in a while when I do certain things, but it's not painful--just sounds weird. Sometimes though, I have to get it adjusted by a Chiropractor because my hip rotates a little bit and causes things to feel like they just are not right. I can get more info from my mom if you want--just so you have it. (Although that was 32 years ago! LOL!)

10:05 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]