Saturday, June 30, 2007
15 Months


Dear Ella,

Today marks the day that you have been in this world for 15 months. It's unbelievable how quickly you have grown into a busy little toddler. Everyday you amaze me with something new you've learned. This week, you've learned to put trash in the trashcan, to help with dressing yourself, and how to run. Your running skills are not the greatest, but you have learned to move pretty quickly. With the newly learned skill of running, you have put it to the test while chasing Sheba and Jingles (our kitty cats). Luckily, you are gentle with them, so they don't seem to mind too much. Your other favorite past times include trying to wear shoes you find around the house, playing chase, pretending to talk on the phone, and experimenting with the funniest facial expressions I've ever seen. Unfortunately, you have also picked up a few bad habits this month - throwing a tantrum when things don't go your way (complete with kicking, screaming and throwing yourself to the floor), hitting your sister (and laughing about it), and refusing to nap and/or sleep at night without throwing another one of your above mentioned tantrums.

You are really turning into a little girl right before my eyes. You think you are so big! I watch you try to do things that really take a lot of effort and strength. When you master difficult tasks, you look at me with that cute little smile of satisfaction. One of the things you are doing that proves you are growing up (too fast) is learning and using language appropriately. Your "one word" phrases are starting to turn into "two word" phrases. (Bye, bye! All gone. Hold me. Thank you.) You surprise me everyday with the things you try to say. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, since you watch and listen so intently to everyone around you - including you big sister who secretly adores you. Here's a funny story about your adoring sister...

A couple of weeks ago, you and I went grocery shopping together. When we got home, MawMaw was at our house and outside with her dog in the yard. She came and got you out of the van and took you to the front yard to play. A few minutes later, Kellynn heard me coming into the house with groceries and noticed you weren't with me and asked, "Where's Ella?"

"Oh, I left her at the store," I said jokingly.

"You did not!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, I did. She was so fussy at the store, I couldn't take it anymore. Some lady asked if she could have her and I said yes."

"No you didn't, Mom! You're trying to trick me! I know she's still in the van."

Kellynn ran out to the van and saw that your car seat was empty. She immediately started crying and asking, "Why did you give my baby sister away?!"

Just about that time, MawMaw came around the corner of the house holding you. Kellynn ran as fast as she could and wrapped her arms tightly around you. So, she really does love you. She doesn't always show it. That's just the way big sisters are sometimes. I should know, because I did the same thing to my little sisters growing up (Aunt Kelly and Aunt Jennifer). Big sisters just need a little time to realize how amazing little sisters really can be! Just know, that your big sister loves you more than anything - just as Mommy and Daddy do too.

Love, Mommy






9 Comments:
Blogger Brooke had this to say:

Beautiful picture and a beautiful post!

I love it when they start to run, you can see in their little heads they are trying to move faster than their bodies can. Too cute :)

8:18 AM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

I cried when I read the part about Kellynn. How sweet. You'll have to keep this memory stored away for one of those days when Kellynn is yelling at the top of her lungs "I hate you. I wish I were an only child!" Then youc an remind her of how much better her life is becuase of her sister. I know that mine is better because of mine.

1:43 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Your letter is so sweet. She is beautiful. I actually see some of Grayson in this picture of her. I think it is the eyes. Wow, she is growing so fast and becoming such a cute and independent little girl. Enjoy every day this summer - I know you will.
PS- I like the story!

7:49 PM 

Blogger Mandy had this to say:

I mean, how do they get this big? I feel like my Issa was just 5 weeks old YESTERDAY. Time flies, or we are just getting to be our parent's ages!! :) Precious picture of sweet Ella

8:51 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's such a sweet letter, and she is such a cute toddler.

Now will someone please tell me where the last 15 months have gone? Too, too fast!

9:12 AM 

Blogger Amanda Bee had this to say:

She is so adorable and that story about her big sister is too cute!

10:25 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

She's such a big girl! I love that she says "hold me" - too cute!!! Love the picture and the post. Are we going to get to see you while you're off this summer???
Seems like it's been a while!

11:01 AM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

What a great post! My little girl is named Ella! What a great name! Your blog is so neat!

6:41 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I cannot believe Sheba is still kickin it! HAHA!!!

Very sweet letter. I am glad I am not the only one that plays jokes on my kids. I told Kaiden that I was nother real mom the other day...that I picked her up real cheap at a garage sale...HA!

10:49 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]