Sunday, June 10, 2007
Making Progress


Our landscaping project is coming along. The girls' swingset is finished - thanks to Kevin and his friend Adam. As you can see from the photo, they also had some extra help from a 5 year old and a 3 year old. Good times, I tell ya...Good times!

We had some grading done in the backyard in order to build the swingset. Now that the swingset is finished, we have a dust bowl for a backyard. We looked into putting down sod, but the landscaping company we talked to, does not recommend the installation during this time of year. So now we are going to have to wait until September to have grass.


The next phase of our project involves the building of a retaining wall. In the photo below, you will see the area in need of "retaining." We are waiting on the estimate to come back from the company we talked to - and will hopefully begin work on the project this week. Several things we are having to consider with this project: building steps, planting groundcover on the sloped hill meeting the retaining wall, location of future pool. (It has always been my dream to one day have a pool. Due to a change with Kevin's job, it doesn't look like the pool will happen this year like I'd hoped.)






8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Swingsets are a lifesaver. My kids could play on one all day. As for the pool, I bought one of the 15'x36" pools with the inflatable top ring....They are awesome. It gets the job done.

12:08 PM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

your backyard is huge! We used to have a big backyard and I miss it so! Hopefully in our next house we will have a big backyard again!
Great job on the swingset!

12:33 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

great playset! Where did you get it? We have been looking for one. We just found one at Sam's so I'm hoping we can get it... that will be Grace's b-day present once we get in the new house. How long did it take them to build? I would love a pool too- but they really are too much work. My mom never got to enjoy ours because it always seemed to NEED something else. Your neighborhood looks so nice! Have a great week!

1:56 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Love the swingset. I have enjoyed ours so much. Put one of those small beach chairs up top and grab a book. The kids will be fine for hours- okay maybe 15 minutes. For now, could you put some mulch around the playset to keep from having so much mud when it rains?

8:12 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

Well, I'll be! Kevin finished it beofre kbug turned 18. I guess I lose my bet. I agree with Jacqueline about the mulch. Maybe mulch around the swing set and keep the rest of your dust watered!

9:37 PM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

The swingset looks great. My kids love thiers. I'm working on getting a pool in this weekend. Same size as my sister Shelly's.

1:41 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

That 5yo is looking cute as can be in her little bathing suit!!!!

Send them up to my house to build one for us!

9:57 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

Awesome swingset! I swear, I want to be a kid again, we didn't have anything half as cool as the stuff you can get now.

10:00 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]