Thursday, June 28, 2007
I am Thankful...

I don't get to watch a lot of daytime television, due to teaching during the school year. But come summertime, I get to catch up on many of the shows I've missed. (I assume I'm watching "reruns" over the summer). Today on Dr. Phil, there was a story about a mother with the world's only set of deaf and blind triplets. She and her husband were having difficulties in their relationship due to the stress and around-the-clock care of these girls. I found myself crying while watching the episode. I tried to imagine the responsibilty of caring for three small children with special needs - who cannot communicate with you. I commend the parents for their strength, as I have days that I feel overwhelmed with the frustration of parenting. Watching the show made me take a moment to look around at my own girls and feel thankful for how blessed I truly am!






6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Life can be so cruel sometimes. I can only imagine what it must be like though. I thank GOD everyday that I have two happy and healthy children.

1:23 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

I can't even imagine what that has to be like, they should get honorary sainthood. My daughter ACTS like she can't communicate with me on a daily basis and I want to pull my hair out.

2:26 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Oh my goodness - I cannot imagine. My heart goes out to this family. I went to the Dr. Phil link and read about them. This is one extordinary family. It really makes me feel ashamed of how easily I can lose my patience with Sam. I am so thankful of my babies.
Hey- Did you see the music video "Behind Those Eyes?" I cried.

3:02 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I could not imagine!

9:05 AM 

Blogger Amanda Bee had this to say:

I would have been crying my eyes out too. That is just so sad.

10:36 AM 

Blogger Mandy had this to say:

I'm with you. I was combing out Issa's long curls, wet from a fresh bath, and smelling all sweet and clean, and I seriously out loud said, "Thank you for my blessings"...

7:42 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]