Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Preschool Drama

When I picked up Kellynn from school yesterday, she announced that she had a new boyfriend - AJ.

"AJ?" I asked. "What about Austin?"
"I broke up with him since he goes to a new school now. AJ is my new boyfriend."

This was the first I'd heard of AJ. I assumed he must be a new little boy at her school. Of course, I asked her many "Mom" questions, like - What does he look like? How old is he? How do you know he is your boyfriend? (By the way, they kiss each other on the cheek. That's how she knows he is her boyfriend. NICE!)

So today when I picked her up, she met me at the door and wanted to go straight to the van. This was a bit unusual, since she normally wants to tell everyone goodbye. As we were walking to the van, we passed by the playground where children were playing. Curiosity got the best of me, so I asked.

"Which little boy is AJ?"
"I'm ready to go, Mom!" she said (as she's pulling me to the van).
"Okay...but I want to see AJ. I don't want to talk to him. Just point him out to me."
"NO! He's not my boyfriend anymore!" she exclaimed.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because he broke up with me today. He said he doesn't want ANY girlfriends!"

Her voice started trailing off into tears. Of course this broke my heart! I know she's only 5 years old - but some little boy broke her heart today!

"He called me names, too!" she continued.
"What?! He called you names? What did he call you?" I asked.
"Putt Putt," she replied.

It was hard to control my laughter when she announced the name he called her. But then she continued.

"I called him names too...but I don't want to tell you because it's a bad word."
"A bad word?" I asked, "What did you call him?"

After much coaxing and reassuring her that she would not be in trouble for telling me the "bad word," she finally agreed to tell me what she called him.

"Idiot," she said.

Must boys are, Kellynn. You've just met one of many...






6 Comments:
Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

That was too funny! I wonder where she got that word from.

7:55 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Putt Putt???? What is THAT supposed to mean??? See - most boys ARE idiots, she was right. :)

6:04 AM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

I love it! Good laugh! Pretty insightful little girl you have there.

8:44 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That is hilarious, I am laughing out loud sitting here at my desk!
Most boys ARE idiots, that's for sure! She's just beginning, huh? Gosh, I don't think I had my first 'boyfriend' until 4th grade-- times change!!

9:01 AM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

That is PRICELESS! I can't believe they start with boyfriends at 5. I am NOT ready for that!

9:52 AM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Oh that is so sad and yet so hysterical all at the same time. Good thing he's gone, cause he is not so quick with the comebacks.

Who calls someone a putt putt?

6:29 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]