Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Growing Up


My "first" baby is growing up right before my eyes! It seems like yesterday, when I held her in my arms and watched her stare up at me in the hospital. Her eyes looked coal black in the dimly lit room. I look into those eyes now - and see a sea of green, with a hint of blue and brown looking back at me. She is not a baby anymore. She is 5 years old and missing two bottom teeth. She has a fierce love for animals and bugs. She is smart and sassy (a little too sassy, sometimes). She is outgoing, yet shy in front of a lot of people. She is independent and determined to find her way in this world - with or without my help. I feel proud, happy and sad all at the same time. Proud of her compassion for others and her leadership qualities. Happy to see her grow physically, socially and emotionally. But a little sad about having to let go of my "first" baby. She will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall.






8 Comments:
Blogger Mandy had this to say:

Nae Nae! THat was beautifully written, and I know that I will blink and see my first baby girl going to Kindergarten and saying the same thing. That's a beautiful picture of an adorable girl... those eyes! How wonderful is summer vacation???

8:05 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

YAY for the big girl! I am right there with you! And I agree - what you wrote was beautiful!

9:24 AM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

She looks so sweet in her little cap & gown. I will be in this same position next year when Kaden graduates from preschool and gets ready for kindergarten. I get sad sometimes looking at his baby pictures and thinking of what a little man he has grown into already.

4:34 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

Oh that brought tears to me eyes, I know I am going to be a basket case at kindergarten graduation!
(And I have four more years to prep!)

Gorgeous little girl!

10:00 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

wow, time flies when we're having fun. I can't believe how our children's lives pass before our eyes-- more quickly than our own, it seems like.
I love the way you write!
what a CUTE picture!

12:45 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Congratulations to your first baby! She's grown so much in the few short years I've known her, I can only imagine how it feels for you! I see it all happening with Jack and he's only 15 months old. :( They do grow so fast, just like everyone says. Thanks for sharing!!!

1:42 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

She looks adorable and I love the post. It is so sweet. So many big stepping stones to cross in such a short amount of time. Go ahead and get yourself prepared, the first week of school was a hard one for me. She has lost her two front teeth - Wow! Sam's aren't even lose yet.

1:35 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I can so feel you. Haley just graduated from kindergarten and all I wanted to do is cry my eyes out.

7:10 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]