Tuesday, May 29, 2007
I'm Trying to be Understanding...

I'm trying to be understanding...with patience, tongue-biting and compromise.

1. There are seven days of school left (with students). That sounds manageable, right? HELL NO! I am trying to be patient, as the wild animals (otherwise known as children) are swinging from light fixtures and acting as if they have never stepped foot in a school setting. I have practiced a number of nerve-calming strategies, such as: counting to 10 (x100), opera singing to relieve the stress, bribery with treats/rewards, laughing instead of crying, etc. What I REALLY want to do is scream, "Shut up!" "Sit down!" "GO HOME!" - and then top it off with heavy drinking to dull the pain. Do I need a break, or what?!

2. We are doing some home improvements on our property - mainly on the landscaping. First let me say that when my husband starts a project, his plans for the project tend to change a number of times before completion. These changes can occur weekly, daily, and without exaggeration - hourly. I usually let the projects take their course and offer limited suggestions. However on this occasion, I have been more vocal about my expectations - seeing how this project, which started as making room and building our daughters' swing set, has now turned into my husband's personal parking area. Our neighbors are going to love us!

3. Ella has now decided that her usual routine of going to sleep on her own, has officially ended. She would prefer that you hold her, rock her, rub her back, and sing sweet lullabies until falling asleep in your arms. If I didn't have to wrangle a 5 year old (who thinks sleeping is overrated) into bed each night, this would not be a problem!

4. My favorite TV show is over for the season. What will I do with my Wednesday nights, now that "Lost" is not on?






4 Comments:
Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

First, just take one day at a time with the kids. It will be all over soon. I am definately with you - 6 days and counting. Don't hate me-but my last day with students was last Thursday. I am hiding in my office now.
Good luck with the project. Everytime Mark has a project, like to change 1 hose on the car, he changes ALL of them.

8:13 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I think that the heavy drinking associated with #1 should make #4 a bit easier to cope with. Good luck with you last days of school. They will pass before you know it. And if worse comes to worse-then maybe those kids need a trip to the playground or a movie. I mean that would be better than losing your religion right in front of them, right? As for Ella- just remember she's you last. Rock and pat, and sing to that baby as long as she will let you. Those days will be gone too soon too.

Is it Friday yet?

9:10 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I use the Nighty Night video with my kids and I have to say it does help. I am not sure if your kids have TV's in their rooms, but my spoiled rotten kids do.

Sorry you're stressing. Too bad I do not live closer so that I could pop over un-invited and un-announced to host a BBQ at your house - that would help your nerves!

Good luck with the home improvements. Try to have them done by October!

3:33 PM 

Blogger Ryan had this to say:

I know I am going to go crazy until February when LOST finally returns.
Wow! Your girls are getting so big. I can't believe that Ella is 14 months already and Kellyn lost a tooth!

6:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]