Monday, May 14, 2007
Random Ramblings...

I had a great Mother's Day yesterday. Kevin and the girls bought me a new iPod. I currently have one through work - but will soon have to give it back. It is a "First Grade" iPod and I am moving to 4th grade next year. Kevin knew how sad I was about having to give it up. Now I am happy again! It's a 30 GB with video! :) We also spent the day doing "family" stuff. We went to Lowe's to get mulch for my garden - Walmart to get worms for fishing (yes, I like to go fishing) - and to the park for a picnic, fishing and playing on the playground. It was a nice day.

You may have noticed in the above paragraph, that I am moving out of First grade after this school year is over. After 8 years in First grade, I am left feeling "burnt out" (is that a real word?). It was a difficult decision for me to make, as I am extremely close to my co-worker and will greatly miss working with her. But I am ready for a new challenge, and completely ready for more mature children. I am totally over the whining!

Ella is showing signs of understanding what I am saying to her, and trying to mimic words I use. As she was carrying around a book this afternoon, I asked her to bring it to me. She started saying, "Book! Book!" (but without the K). Later, while giving her a bath, I said, "Give me your foot." She lifted her foot out of the water. When I asked for the other foot, she kept giving me the same foot. I would also like to mention that Ella is a climber! Kellynn was never a climber. In fact, it wasn't until this year that Kellynn was brave enough to climb to the top of her bunk bed. Ella, on the other hand, tests her climbing skills on anything she can put her hands and feet upon...couch, an open dishwasher, books, riding toys, etc. Speaking of riding toys! She has conquered the Little Tykes car and can balance and stand, hands free on the top! We had to put the car away, unless we are right there with her to supervise her activities.






6 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

SO SO glad you had a good Mother's Day! Kaiden and Ashton were both climbers. I am actually amazed that my right eye does not have a permanent twitch! CONGRATS on the move to 4th grade!!!

Fishing with worms? Your KILLING me! Next thing you know, you'll be wearing orange FILA shoes and going to school at Norfolk State...oh wait... Tee Hee!!!

Have I told you lately that I miss you like hell?

10:01 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

WOW! Congratulations on your decision to move on up to fourth grade. Let me know how that goes!

6:58 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

That Ella is a smart cookie. But then again, if she wants to keep up with Kellynn, she has got to learn fast!

How many more days of whining? Bet your counting down the days to the summer. I know that I am!

7:02 PM 

Blogger NaeNae had this to say:

Kelly in NC - 16 days and counting!

7:56 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Congrats on the career shift - I'll bet you'll have a completely different set of stories to tell your family each day.

Jack is also understanding quite a bit these days - where's your foot, head, belly, putzu (hehe), etc. He asks us for help now too - by mumbling something and pointing at an object (like a toy stuck under the couch). Too cute... Give the girls a kiss for me!

8:31 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Good Luck on your move to 4th Grade - lots to teach about North Carolina. You will have fun! It will be a good challenge.
Sam never got into stuff like Jack has already - and I thought Sam was active. Maybe it is the second child thing.

8:30 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]