Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Fun, Fun, Fun!

Yesterday I had a message from a nurse at my OBGYN's office. She asked that I please call her as soon as possible. After hearing the message, I felt a little nervous about calling her. I immediately called to find out what the urgency was all about. She proceeded to tell me that I had failed my "sugar test" (testing for Gestational Diabetes) and needed to come in this week for a more in-depth screening. This screening will last three hours instead of one. What am I going to do for three hours? Did I also mention that they will draw blood periodically throughout the three hour period? I hate giving blood.

Has anyone ever had to go through this second screening before? Any information about it would be appreciated!






3 Comments:
Blogger Amanda had this to say:

I failed my sugar test with my first baby and so I have to do the 3 hour one this time with the second. And you have to fast before and making a pregnant lady not eat is not good. Good luck!!

10:42 PM 

Blogger cheri had this to say:

as if being pregnant just isn't enough! :)

12:44 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I had to do the second test three times with Ashton!

10:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]