Tuesday, December 06, 2005
7 Pounds Later...

Today was my doctor's appointment. We listened to the baby's heart. Her little heart was beating around 140 bpm. The results of my bloodwork came back. Everything looks normal, other than needing a MMR vaccine update (after the baby is born). I also found out that I've gained 7 pounds over the past month! That brings me to a total of 22 lbs so far in this pregnancy. Whoa! My doctor is not a stickler about weight. He usually doesn't say much to me about my weight gain - but today he responded in this way -

Doctor: "A pound a week is a good rule of thumb. You've gained 7 pounds this month."

NaeNae: "Well...it WAS Thanksgiving! I couldn't turn down all of the delicious food."

Doctor: "I'm sure you will be more conscious this month, and probably only gain 2 pounds next time."

NaeNae: (thinking to myself) "Yeah, right!"

NaeNae: "I'll do my best."

Does this man not know that I am feeling like an eating machine these days? It's hard for me to turn food down. The way I see it - this will be my last baby, so why not enjoy it? I guess I will pay for it later. And besides...I've already decided to join the gym after this baby is born, anyway! So there!






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Too bad you don't have any good friends liveing near by that like to show up at your door with food and friends and make you aware that you will be hosting a cookout.

3:53 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

"living" - duh.

3:54 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I gained eight pounds over Thanksgiving and I'm not pregnant, so I'd say you're doing pretty good!

4:19 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]