Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Thanksgiving and such...

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday with my family in Florida. It was nice to see everyone...especially my grandmother (Maw Maw). I usually only get to see her once a year. She promises to come and visit my sister and I after we have our babies in April. She hasn't been to NC since 2002.

While in FL, we decided to go to Sea World on Friday. We took K-bugg to Disney last summer, so I thought Sea World would be a better choice. From the moment we got in the car to travel to Sea World, all I kept hearing from K-bugg was, "I wanna see the sharks! I wanna see the sharks!" Of course the sharks are not the first exhibit in the park, so it was awhile before we made it over to see the sharks. Once we got to the "Shark Encounter" exhibit, she was scared because of the daunting "music" being played inside. My mom had to hold her the entire time, and had to reassure her she was safe. Aside from the sharks, she loved the dolphins and polar bears. I was alittle disappointed that she did not get to see Shamu, the killer whale. Evidentally, the whale had just given birth the day before, so was not able to perform her usual show.

Now...on a different note. I stole this from Cat over at Cat's Life.


8 Firsts:

First Best Friend: I had a "best friend" in Kindergarten, but cannot remember her name. I do remember my best friend in 1st grade...Landi. We remained close friends all the way through high school and college. We are still friends today, but haven't seen each other in a long time.

First Kiss: Travis Berry...6th grade I think.

First Screen Name: Nae_Nae

First Pet: A yellow tabby cat named "Fleabag." I also had a German Shepperd named "Gypsy."

First Piercing: Ears

First Crush: I guess it would have to be Darrin Segrest in 9th grade. He wouldn't give me the time of day.

First CD: Toad the Wet Sprocket and Counting Crows

First Car: 1980 Chevy Camaro


7 Lasts:

Last alcoholic beverage: A tall Coors Lite from Dick's Last Resort in Myrtle Beach (before I found out I was pregnant).

Last car ride: Home from work and daycare today.

Last Kiss: From my husband when he kissed me goodbye this morning, and one from K-bugg when I dropped her off at daycare.

Last movie seen: In a theater - Chicken Little, and at home - Kingdom of Heaven with Orlando Bloom

Last phone call: My sister, Kelly

Last CD played: Ha Ha...that's a funny one! That would have to be Poison and Bon Jovi while driving to Florida. I was bored and tired of my current music, so I thought I'd listen to alittle music from my younger years.


6 Have you ever...

Dated a best friend? yes...big mistake!

Broken the law? I don't think so. Well, I guess I better "fess up." Yes.

Been arrested? No!

Skinny dipped? Yes!

Been in love? Yes, I am! It took me awhile to find true love.


5 Things...

Your wearing?
1. glasses
2. a black maternity shirt
3. maternity pants
4. a sweater
5. a bigger bra (thanks to the baby on the way)!

You did yesterday?
1. Went to work.
2. Ate at Applebees for dinner.
3. Shopped at Super Walmart.
4. Talked to my Dad on the phone.
5. Tried to stay up to watch Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People. I didn't make it. I fell asleep after Lance Armstrong.

Can't live without?
1. family
2. computer
3. Mt. Dew (caffeine free, these days)
4. Snickers candy bar
5. a nice hot shower or bath

Where have you been/lived?
1. Florida (born and raised)
2. St. Marys, GA
3. Virginia Beach, VA (where I met my best buds, Misty - Soapbox.Superstar and Kerry)
4. North Carolina (where I currently live)
5. ?

3 people you can tell almost anything to?
1. My husband
2. My sister, Kelly
3. A few select friends...couldn't pick just one.

2 Choices...

Black or white? black

Hot or cold? Hot in the winter...cold in the summer.






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Awww, thanks for the shout out!!!

10:05 PM 

Blogger blog for steveLi had this to say:

good news!!!!2010 short wedding dresses

9:22 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]