Monday, November 07, 2005
A LONG Weekend!

WARNING TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS: Part of the following entry is about my husband. Please refrain from asking him about his job. This is a "sore" subject.

I am glad this weekend is over! Yes, it's nice to relax and rest over the weekend. However, I did none of the above. On Friday, we had a "Girls Night Out" with my sister, my mother-in-law, K-bugg and myself. We went out to eat and went to the movies to see "Chicken Little" (cute movie). On Saturday, we spent the day Christmas shopping - and later that night, I went to a baby shower. (Speaking of baby showers...Has anyone ever heard of a "drop-in/floating" baby shower? This is where the shower is set up for people to drop by at their convenience within a certain time frame. I assumed this shower was a drop-in shower, but realized upon arriving I was an hour late! Fortunately, I was not the only one to make this mistake. The hostess said she had never heard of a drop-in/floating shower. I felt like a heel! Oh well!) Sunday ended up being an okay day. I was exhausted from Friday and Saturday and wanted to relax. I did catch a short nap with K-bugg, but was "on duty" the rest of the day (because my husband was in no mood to deal with/play with her).

That brings me to the next subject...

Two weeks ago, my husband found out his company was planning to put their employees on shifts. He found out last week he had been placed on the "third" shift (10:30 am - 7:00 pm, including every Saturday). To make matters worse, the shifts will not rotate. Every six months, each employee's performance will be evaluated and the decision will be made whether or not to change their shift from one, to another. He has been with this company for 10 years. He is very upset (with good reason). This was my husband's last weekend off before starting the new shift on Monday (today). I'm not sure how other husbands deal with frustration - but my husband does not deal with it very well at all! When he is upset, those around him are miserable right along with him. Therefore, I was thankful to be busy on Friday and Saturday - without him. Sunday was spent defusing his stress and frustration by keeping K-bugg entertained and out of his hair. This was a difficult task...she loves her Daddy!






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

That was a busy weekend! So sorry about the job thing. That really does suck!

But how was your Monday????

8:32 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Wow, I couldn't imagine having to make that drastic of a schedule change. That is going to be a tough transition. I wish you the best of luck.

11:14 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi Renee,

I know the feeling. Eric's company sent his job to Mexico after he had been there 15 years. They would not let him bump the temps because they could pay them alot less and do not have to pay benefits. He went from working a 7-3:30 job to working for Prestige Pipeline. He starts work at 6:00am and does not come home until dark (7:00). He hates this. This has been a big adjustment for me and Shelly as well as him. He has not been a "happy camper". So, I know exactly where you are coming from. Give Kevin and K-bugg my love.

Angie in Statesville.
(PS...still trying for baby. Doctor has started me on clomid this cycle. Keep your fingers crossed)

8:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]