Monday, November 14, 2005
What's in a Name?

Choosing a name for your unborn child is hard work! I had a name picked out - a name I love. But there is a catch. I stole it from my sister! She thought of this name a long time ago, before our pregnancies (we are both pregnant now - one week apart). It's actually my grandmother's name (Ella). So...being the kind sister that she is, she agreed that whomever discovered they were pregnant with a girl first, could have the name. I found out last week I am having a girl. My sister doesn't find out the sex of her baby for another 2 weeks. So, she generously said I could use the name.

Now I feel terrible! It was her name to begin with! I've decided that if she finds out in two weeks that she is also having a girl, she can have the name. So...here I am trying to choose a different name that I love just as much. I have picked out two names, but need some feedback. Ansley or Delaney?






4 Comments:
Blogger Amanda had this to say:

Delaney. I love that name :)

3:19 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Rowan
Mabel
Madelaine
Madison
Abigail
Emma
Olivia
Isabella
Chloe
Zoe
Riley
Amelia
Kennedy
Reagan

9:43 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I think Ella is a wonderful name. Our best friends named their daughter that earlier this year. And I like both the other names you've picked too. And even though I think the second one rocks!, I have to say that Ansley is very, very pretty.

10:04 PM 

Blogger hollibobolli had this to say:

I'm not even throwing my two cents in on this one - this was literally the most stressful decision I've ever made in my life.. knowing how much it plays a part in your unborn child's life. (plus, I'm horrible at making decisions) Regardless of what everyone else said - I chose what I chose in the end..

I think both of your choices are beautiful, and you'll know what's right when you know!

8:52 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]