Saturday, November 12, 2005
Vegetable Soup

Despite the fact that this pregnancy leaves me craving soup all the time, my favorite thing to eat when the weather starts getting cooler, is chili and vegetable soup. Yesterday, I had the day off because it was Veterans Day. (My husband, who is a veteran - had to work...go figure!) I decided to make homemade vegetable soup. It cooked in my crock pot all day, (teasing me with the aroma) as I cleaned my house and did laundry. At 7:00, it was finally ready! I love vegetable soup! What do you like to eat/drink when the weather starts getting cooler?

PS - Kelly, you will have to help me eat it now! You know no one in my house likes vegetable soup!






4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

It is funny that you are having "soup" cravings too! Did I tell you that I started a soup day at my work? Each week 2 people sign up to bring in soup on Wednesdays! YUMMMM!!! I am loving it...and I am pretty sure that everyone at UA loves it too. Or at least they are humoring me. As far as other things I like to eat/drink when the weather gets cooler....hot chocolate, apple cider, hot flavored tea, pumpkin pie, any kind of soup but especially chili (with grilled cheese sandwiches), grits...there could be more...who knows!

1:47 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Yummy..soup sounds good. My gang likes chili beans as well when the weather gets cooler. Shelly, on the other hand, loves hot chocolate with marsh-mellows. She went hunting with Eric this afternoon, so I am stuck at home cleaning the house and working on homework (yuk, one more year and I will be finished with my four year). I can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas.

All my love...Angie in Statesville.

3:27 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I like Pumpkin Pie!!! But Chili is good too!

9:18 PM 

Blogger hollibobolli had this to say:

Congrats on "it's a girl"!!

I don't think I get cold weather cravings? Even in the winter, I still drink my coffee iced.. And I like soup even when it's 110 outside.. ???

6:38 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]