Monday, September 03, 2007
Busy, Busy, Busy

I'm back to work and busier than I care to be! I forgot how scheduled my days are when I am working. Teaching a new grade level this year, is adding to my time spent at school. This, I hate (because it takes away from my time at home). However, I am loving fourth grade! It was just the change I needed.

Kevin is now a Windstream Communications employee. Windstream bought out his company a couple of months ago. The "take over" became official last week. He had to leave his work van over the weekend to have it "wrapped" (not painted). Now he drives a bright lime green van. Trust me when I tell you he can't be missed on the road!

K-Bugg started Kindergarten last week. I can't believe my baby is in school. I cried a little at "Open House" when taking her to meet her teacher. But the first day of school was exciting for both of us. She is very much like me - not a morning person. I was surprised when she jumped out of bed and was ready to go within 15 minutes. She is so grown up now. She likes to pick out her own clothes the night before and have them ready for the next morning. And she is taking her lunch every day because she is a picky eater (just like her Daddy). I have to consult with her each time I pack her lunch, to make sure I have the "right" snack. So far, she has already made a new friend, Kathryn. She doesn't know anyone else's name in her class - just Kathryn's. However, we were surprised to find out that she doesn't play with Kathryn on the playground. This is because Kathryn doesn't like to play "Chase" with the boys.

Ella is doing great. She is 17 months now and thinks she is just as big as Kellynn. Her vocabulary continues to grow, and knows quite a few words and phrases. She can also mimic pretty much anything you say. However, she is also at the stage where she knows what she wants to say, but can't find the words to tell me. She gets very frustrated and has started throwing temper tantrums. I thought she had already started throwing tantrums months ago - but she has proven in the last couple of weeks that those were just "warm up" tantrums. I can't remember them all, but these are some of her new words/phrases: "choc choc" (chocolate), "mill" (milk), "jew" (juice), "dee" (drink), "gay" (grapes), "ball" (bowl), "I wu-jew" (I love you), "I ready" (I'm ready) By the way, the photo above is Ella's "cheese" picture. This is how she smiles for the camera.






9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

It was so good seeing you and the girls this weekend, they grow so FAST!!!! I love Ella's "camera" face - I never thought of teaching Jack to do a camera face, that could be the solution to my problems! :)

5:54 AM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

The girls are just gorgeous. The first day of kindergarten is always so emotional but exciting. My son h as a camera smile he does to but his is a "painful" look. He looks like he is in pain when he does it. Heh!

7:11 AM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Awww, she is so big! Does she take the bus? How did that go? Kaiden would chase the boys with her for sure!

I LOVE Ella's smile!

9:20 AM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

I was wondering where you went :o) Wow that's so cool that your K-bugg is in kindergarten! And your little Ella....she's so adorable! It's wonderful and exciting and everything in between how fast they grow :o)

10:18 AM 

Blogger Friglet had this to say:

You have two beautiful girls there!

6:48 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

THey are too cute. I cried on Haley's first day of kindergarten, did you?

8:16 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

So glad to see that you are back to blogging. I am glad that you are enjoying the change at work and with the girls. They are growing so fast! Loved the story about Kellynn and chasing boys at recess...I'm not surprised at all!

7:51 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

I am happy that 4th grade was the right change for you. After this year, it will be easier.

Kellynn is so cute on her first day of school and already chasing the boys. WOW!

I love Ella's smile - too cute!

12:36 PM 

Blogger Brooke had this to say:

What gorgeous girls! Don't you just love "toddler talk"? They look at you like, "I am TELLING you what I want, why aren't you listening to me???"

11:35 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]