Monday, May 08, 2006
Mother of the Year

If you are looking for locations to submit your ballot voting me Mother of the Year, you can leave those here...

Last week was a hectic week. My sister finally had her baby, tons of family was in town to welcome his arrival, and I had a hair appointment. Now of course, Grayson's arrival was the most important. However, when my sister went into labor on Wednesday night, I was hoping he would come before my hair appointment on Thursday morning! You see, my hair stylist stays busy and I have to book my hair appointment months in advance. Needless to say (IE - pics of me from Ella's birth), I was in desperate need of color, highlights, and a new cut. Grayson arrived late Wednesday night, so I was able to keep my appointment.

Fastforward to Thursday morning.

I woke up early to get two kids fed, dressed, and Kellynn off to school before my hair appointment. I'm still new at this "mother of two" thing, so my "getting up early" wasn't early enough. I realized quickly I was running behind. Kellynn was more difficult than normal about getting ready, Ella took forever to finish her bottle, and Kellynn's car seat was in Kevin's truck. I went outside to get Kellynn's carseat out of his truck and realized it was locked. I went inside to get the keys, but could not find them. In the mean time - Ella is crying because she didn't get to finish her bottle and Kellynn is asking 100 questions ("Where did you go, Mommy?" - "Why is Ella crying, Mommy?" - "Do I have to go to school, Mommy?" - "Can I have chocolate, Mommy?" - "Sheba [cat] is coughing up a hairball, Mommy!") I call Kevin and find out he has taken his truck keys to work with him. I can't find the spare set of keys and Kevin can't remember where he put them last. So while he's instructing me to go to different places in the house to find the spare keys, Ella is still crying and Kellynn is following me throughout the house with more questions. ARGH! I finally find the keys and go back to Kevin's truck to get the carseat. (Did I mention it was pouring down rain? - I am totally NOT making this up!) I get the carseat out, put it in my van, and then go inside to get the girls. As I'm putting Ella in her carseat (and Kellynn is standing over me to inspect), Ella pukes all over her outfit.

"Damn it!" I exclaim.

"Damn it, Ella!" repeats Kellynn.

"Uhhhhhh...WHAT did you say, Kellynn?"

"I said damn it."

"Kellynn, that is an ugly word and you shouldn't say it. MOMMY shouldn't even say it," I explain.

"Okay, Mommy. Don't say it again."

After redressing Ella and finally loading everyone in the van, I press the automatic garage door button as we're leaving. As the door is coming down, the cat decides to dart into the garage to get out of the rain. I then have to get out of the van, throw the cat out and attempt to put the door down again. Again, I am NOT joking when I tell you the mother f-ing cat runs back into the garage again! I almost said the "F word" out loud, but remembered the talk Kellynn and I had just had about saying ugly words. Instead, our conversation went something like this...

"I'm going to kill that freakin' cat!"

"What did you say, Mommy? You're going to kill the freakin' cat?!"

"Yes, Kellynn! I'm going to kill her if she runs into the garage again!!"

"You shouldn't say that, Mommy. It's not nice. We don't kill things."

So there you have it! This is why I deserve to be crowned "Mother of the Year." I'm teaching my daughter new words and about killing things! I don't know what it is about this age (4 year olds), but they don't miss anything!






10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

you crack me up!!!! I saw this whole thing play out as i read this. been there, sad but true! i love to read your "blog"

4:54 PM 

Blogger Amanda had this to say:

I hear ya sister!! Mine said her chicken nuggets sucked the other day :)

5:00 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

HIlarious! I think you do deserve mother of the year. I've seen that cat and I have seen how hard it is to take care of two kids! ANyhow, I can only imagine the words that Grayson will use with the potty mouth that Tim has!

8:33 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

OH MY! That is funny, but I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time! You'll just have to look back on it!
I can't imagine being a mother of two yet!

I will have TONS of trouble not saying "ugly" words once Grace can talk!
GOOD LUCK, (crown) Mommy of the Year!

9:18 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

But really, if your hair is looking good, that's all that matters. ;)

10:52 AM 

Blogger cheri had this to say:

my 4 year old repeats everything i say..the good and the bad...and she says it the way i do...yikes! :)

2:41 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Another candidate:
http://opaliseeverything.blogspot.com/
but I still think your story beats all...

3:45 PM 

Blogger Delane had this to say:

I've repeated this story twice and it cracked the people I told it to up both times. Very funny, just because I can sympathize with you.

10:40 PM 

Blogger Amanda had this to say:

Happy Mothers Day!!!

9:30 PM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Damnit? Damnit? That's all she said?

I was making Kaiden's lunch this morning and she said to me, "Can you pass the f--kin jelly mom?"

I have given up on the talks to get her to stop - I have now resorted to "You better not say that at school or in front of gammy - or you'll be in lots of trouble!"

9:02 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]