Monday, May 15, 2006
A Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was a great day. It wasn't a busy day - but an easy-going, fun day. Kevin knew exactly how to pull my heart strings on Mother's Day...He let me sleep until 10:30! At 10:30, K-bugg couldn't wait any longer! She barged into the bedroom with my Mother's Day card. "Open it, Mommy!" she kept yelling. I staggered out of bed, sat on the couch, and opened my Mother's Day card. Inside was a lovely drawing K-bugg had made just for me. It also included a beautiful letter written by my husband and a piece of paper with "codes" written on it. I couldn't figure out what the codes were for. Kevin kept giving me hints...

"It's something you've been wanting."

"It's to help you reach your goal."

"You've been talking about this for months."

He finally had to tell me. It was a membership to the YMCA. I couldn't be happier. I packed on 40lbs while pregnant with Ella. I guess you could say I "threw caution to the wind" during my pregnancy when food was involved. I kept saying I would deal with the consequences later. So, now I have no excuses. I'm really excited about my membership. And I am proud of my husband for actually listening to me for once! (That's a joke - sort of.)

The rest of my day involved going out for lunch with my family, eating ice cream, watching K-bugg, Kevin and my niece play putt-putt golf, watching a movie and relaxing. It was a happy Mother's Day!

PS - Go visit my sister's blog for a beautiful Mother's Day entry. Tell her I sent you. Kelly in NC






3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Happy belated Mother's Day! It sure sounds like you had a nice one. ;)

12:27 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Happy Mother's Day!
I would give anything to sleep in one of these days!

8:54 AM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

You got to sleep in? Lucky!

Todd (and the kids) got me Season Passes to Bush Gardens for the whole family. He is famous for gifts to me that are really for him!

We hadd a good day of being lazy on the couch and watching movies with the kids.

8:56 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]