Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day

So far, this has been a wonderful day. I was greeted this morning to a giggling, curly-headed little girl, hiding under the covers in my bed. Ella said, "Happy Mother's Day," when I pulled the covers down. K-Bugg had tons of Mother's Day gifts and handmade cards she has been working on all week at home and at school. Could it get any better than that? Yes, it could! Breakfast, balloons, flowers, cards and presents - including new flip flops and clothes!

I am currently at home, waiting on my family to return from the store. Kevin took the girls to purchase worms and sub sandwiches for an afternoon of fishing and a picnic lunch at the park. The girls got new fishing rods from Maw Maw Catherine (their great grandma) and have been looking for an excuse to use them. Today seems like the perfect day to test out those new rods! I wish you were here, Maw Maw - to see the girls fishing today! Happy Mother's Day to you (Maw Maw Catherine), my Mom, Maw Maw Billie, and Nana Tracy!






6 Comments:
Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

I wondered where you were! I called earlier! I hope you have a great Mother's Day! I deserve it!

1:54 PM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

Sounds wonderful! How did the fishing go?

8:38 PM 

Anonymous dena had this to say:

I love fishing! My dad used to always take us fishing, and it's a great memory. Ethan's been dying to go fishing, so maybe this weekend.

9:42 AM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Glad you had an awesome Mother's Day!!! Miss you.

2:09 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Happy belated Mother's Day!! Did you catch anything?

2:48 PM 

Blogger NaeNae had this to say:

We had a great time. We caught lots of fish...but we released them.

10:49 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]