Sunday, March 15, 2009
My Angel Has Lost Her Wings!

This weekend has been a challenging one with Ella. For whatever reason, she has decided our family's "Rules" are not for her. She has adamantly refused to listen or follow directions at times. When asked to go to "Time Out" for her bad behavior, her reply has been, "NO!" What could have been a 2 minute time out, turned into a 2 hour "redirecting" event on Saturday (4 am to 6 am) and a 30 minute "redirecting" session this afternoon (at nap time). Not only has she refused to sit in Time Out - but has also tried to get out of Time Out with hitting and spitting (REAL spitting - not cute little raspberry spitting)! I have to admit, Nanny 911 and Super Nanny tactics have really gotten me through the past two days! I didn't have these strategies with Kellynn, and I gave up too quickly with her. This taught Kellynn how to manipulate us as parents at an early age. It took years (and I mean years) to get Kellynn on the right path of following directions. Ella hasn't been so lucky! I've had Super Nanny under my belt this time!






8 Comments:
Blogger Jack and Molly's Mom had this to say:

Oh my this sounds all too familiar!!! Remember the tough time we were having with Jack 5 months ago? Whew thank god that passed....
Hard to see the little angel with a naughty streak. ;)

3:07 PM 

Blogger Angelle had this to say:

I love Supernanny and think you are on the right track. Here's hoping it doesn't take much to turn her back into your little angel. :)

3:22 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

The sooner you nip it in the bud the better. You can't let her win! That's what they say!

5:42 PM 

Blogger Shelly had this to say:

Mason has been horrible. I think he has seen his 7 year old sister's newly found attitude and soaked it up like a sponge.

8:05 PM 

Blogger Casey had this to say:

My 3 year old is like this as well. Especially with the spitting. Nanny 911 really does help. I have used many of her techniques and they work wonderfully. Good luck!

9:06 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I have absolutely no advice for you. Just keep reminding yourself it will end and chant the mantra, "it's only a phase, it's only a phase."

9:55 AM 

Blogger Jack and Molly's Mom had this to say:

Well since you first posted this, Jack has now relapsed. He was in time-out 8 times yesterday alone. It's only a phase, it's only a phase, it's only a phase......

8:10 AM 

Blogger Bradpetehoops had this to say:

Cute angel!

11:30 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]