Saturday, March 07, 2009
Nae Nae's Notes

Wow! It's been awhile since I've updated my blog. Let's see if I can catch everyone up...

* Kellynn turned 7 years old at the end of January. She had her first sleepover with three friends. The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus was in town that weekend, so we took the kids to the circus. It was a blast!

* Ella is doing really well with potty training. She stays dry all day long (in her big girl panties). She rarely has an accident when it comes to peeing. However, pooping in the potty doesn't happen as often as I would hope. Any suggestions on how I can encourage her?

* "Shelby the Super Dog" is now in Dog Obedience classes. I've never trained a dog before, so I am learning a lot. I look forward to our class each week.

* We had another snow day on Monday of this week. We got about 3-4 inches of snow. Kellynn played in it all day long. Ella was over it after 15 minutes.

* Kevin had the flu this past week. He was home for three days. Now I'm feeling under the weather. I hope it's not the flu.

* Kellynn and I went skiing on Tuesday and Wednesday. We skipped school and took a "Girls Trip" to Sugar Mountain with one of her little friends from school. Her friend's family has a condo right on one of the ski slopes. Kellynn wasn't happy about it, but I signed her up for a private skiing lesson (a refresher course). After one hour, Kellynn picked up skiing again and was ready to take the ski lift all the way to the top of the mountain! I was amazed at how quickly she picked it back up after two years. She skis faster than I do!

* We took the cover off of the pool today. Spring is just around the corner, so we thought we'd get a jump start on getting the pool ready.






7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I love going to dog obedience classes. I always do the initial classes with my dogs, and will often to more because it's something I enjoy. I went pretty far with my Border Collie, to the point that he would jump hurdles and retrieve and place.

8:52 AM 

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Can you believe we have 7 year olds? God Ashton will be 5 this month.

10:53 AM 

Blogger Shelly had this to say:

As far as potty training goes, Mason took about 3-4 days of pooping in his big boy pants before he started running to the potty. We bribed him with a remote control car.

2:27 PM 

Blogger Jack and Molly's Mom had this to say:

Hmm...Jack always pooped on the potty with ease - it was the peeing that he needed training on. Bribe her with lots and lots of cool prizes!

8:18 PM 

Blogger Betty had this to say:

I'm so happy that your Ella is potty training well! Mine....well....she refuses! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've given up! How exciting to be opening your pool! I want to swim! Happy Birthday to your oldest! Glad you're back blogging! I've been slacking really bad....I'm just not into it for some reason? I need a vacation for god's sake ;o) Hope all is well with you!

8:33 PM 

Blogger Kelly in NC had this to say:

how did I miss this update??? Anyhow, I say give frequent rewards for pooping in the potty. Once she gets the hang of it, start spreading the prizes out. Good luck!

9:30 PM 

Blogger Jacqueline had this to say:

Happy Belated Birthday to Kellynn! Sam just turned 8- and it is killing me.
Good Luck with the dog training classes. What specifically do they work on?
I hope your hubby is feeling better. Last, that is sweet that you went on a Girl's Trip with your daughter. You are such a great mom!

9:57 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]