Monday, June 12, 2006
Randomness

I've been MIA for awhile. Sorry! I had a lot going on last week. It was the last week of school - and even though I'm out on maternity leave, I still had loose ends to tie up. Lots of paperwork! I'm finally finished. Yes!

I planted a garden about two weeks ago. So far it's doing well. I planted tomatoes, yellow squash, corn, zucchini, butternut squash, summer lettuce, spinach, and herbs.

Ella is growing like a weed! She had her 2 month check up last week. Oops! I forgot to post a 2 month picture! (I will add one later.) She weighed 12 lbs and 3 oz. She is smiling and "talking" all the time now. I love to watch her. When she gets excited, her little arms and legs start going all over the place! She thinks she can sit up, but of course, really can't. She's a good baby. I love her to pieces!

Kellynn is a mess! Most things coming out of her mouth these days, are direct quotes from either myself or Kevin. Take tonight, for example - she was taking her sweet time getting ready for bed. She had just taken a bath and was supposed to be getting dressed. Instead, she thought it would be funny to run around naked, "shaking her booty." After several reminders to get dressed, Kevin raised his voice and told her to get dressed or she would be going to bed without her "movie." (She likes to watch a DVD before going to bed.) Her reply? "Daddy?! Don't you DARE yell at me! It's NOT NICE! I don't yell at YOU!" (By the way, she was yelling while making this comment.) I just laughed - to myself, of course. Do you think she's heard this before?!

And finally, a sweet story about Kellynn to end the randomness of this post...

Last week, Kellynn and I went to the grocery store. While there, she picked out a pink helium balloon. On the way home, she decided it would be a good idea to use the balloon to send a "message" to Paw Paw in heaven. (He passed away 3 years ago.) She spent the remainder of the afternoon coloring a picture out of one of her coloring books to send to her grandfather. When Kevin got home, he helped her tie the picture to the balloon and they took it outside to let it go. I hope you got Kellynn's message, Paw Paw! We sure miss you!






3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Pictures, pictures, I want to see pictures! :-) Glad you little one is doing well!
LOVE the story about the balloon, how sweet!
Have a great week!!

8:20 AM 

Blogger Amanda had this to say:

Glad to see that everything is good!

10:43 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

loved the story with Kellyn, what a thoughtful girl! can you send me youe email address cant send pictures here!?!

9:24 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]