Wednesday, August 16, 2006
A Sad Day...

Today is a sad day because it's my last day of summer vacation. I officially go back to work tomorrow. In years past, I have always looked forward to going back to teaching. A new school year, a new class, a refreshed body and mind...

Not this time.

Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed my summer and feel quite refreshed. It's just that today is my last day to be home with my baby girl, Ella Ruby. Right now, she's napping - otherwise, I'd be holding her (probably with tears in my eyes). I've held her much of the day, so far. I've told her over and over again how much I love her and how much I'm going to miss her tomorrow. I wish I could stay at home, but it's just not possible. It hurts my heart.

PS - I know she will be in good hands while I am at work. Maw Maw Billie (Kevin's mom) retired in July and will keep her for us. Ella will surely be spoiled. Like my grandmother told me once - a spoiled child is a loved child. I won't have to worry about her. But I'm still sad...






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Trust me. I was in shoes back in January. My baby boy was only 8 weeks old when I had to go back to work. I cried for the whole first week back and then I had to temporarily go on Zoloft to cope. I truly feel for you.

12:01 PM 

Blogger MzAriez had this to say:

Best wishes to you. I go back tomorrow too. I'm excited, but I still can't figure3 out how to tame my summer hair. Try to smile and enjoy your day.

11:30 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







I am a mother, wife and full-time teacher, with a very sassy little girl (daughter 1) on my hands and another one following in her footsteps (daughter 2). And I wonder where the gray hairs are coming from?




www.flickr.com

















  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR
  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]